Regrading an acre of front lawn

/ Regrading an acre of front lawn #11  
Please put your location in your profile!

Live a season at your new place before attempting any drastic changes.

One would need to drill various holes in the area to see where the water table is. If you have a high water table and you have no way to drain to daylight then you have little hope to do anything (one can build up, but one has to be careful that one isn't just stacking up the problem elsewhere). If you're not willing/able to do this then I'd get a hold of a geotech to check things out: know your soils (many times one can find soil survey data- I've got two major soil types on my property- house area has soil that drains well, but the problem is that while water can go down it can also go UP- lot of clay soil below helps stop water and stacks it up nicely so that it creates springs in the soil that "drains" well!).

/ Regrading an acre of front lawn #12  
Well is in the backyard and that’s further down from the leeching field, I think it’s just a low spot and in a shaded area. I’ve been in the house 2 months and it literally has not gone down, I want to grade but not sure how to get rid of that water.
Wait further down from the leech field? I wonder if you have some issues with effluent not being properly dispersed in the drain field.

/ Regrading an acre of front lawn #13  
Wait further down from the leech field? I wonder if you have some issues with effluent not being properly dispersed in the drain field.
I'm no expert but if it hasn't rained or gone down in two months as this fellow said it's either (and most likely) 1. Drain field/sewer pipe problem 2. Water pipe leak or...
3.A spring
I don't think there's much you can do with mud like that, you'll have to find out where it's coming from first.
About 5 years ago I had a wet area similar to that in back yard over the hill, I've been here 41 years (Virginia) and never had septic tank pumped which I did. The distribution box was clogged going to fields. Fixing that fixed the problem.
Have you had heavy truck drive over that area that could have crushed pipe?