Remote hydraulic fittings leaking

/ Remote hydraulic fittings leaking #1  

Matune

Tractor
2020 TYM 474
My 474 hydraulic remote above the PTO is leaking oil. The o ring connection leaks because the o ring does not stay in the seat when tightening it down.

is the o ring bad? Is there a better style available?

/ Remote hydraulic fittings leaking #2  
If the O ring does not stay seated and you have tightened it - O ring is probably damaged by now. Try with a new O ring.

/ Remote hydraulic fittings leaking #3  
O-rings can swell if exposed to the wrong fluids for the “rubber” type. someone may have installed the wrong o-rings in the past, and they will not go back into the grooves. I play with enough esoteric stuff, that I bought o-ring kits in imperial and metric from NAPA. With those I can get really close, and they are rated for just about every fluid you will come up against in engines and hydraulics.

/ Remote hydraulic fittings leaking
Thank you! It’s a new tractor…well, a year old now with 250 hours. It just started leaking and I noticed the o ring had burped out. I put a new o ring in and it still burped out a bit.

I’ll go to the hydraulic hose store near me and get them to size it for me.

thanks folks!

I installed new o rings and it still leaked. Put in one of those washers with an o ring inside it and it sealed up. Had to use both though. O ring and the o ring with a washer.

dealer suggested that using the loader hydraulics at the same time as the remote will cause it to burp those o rings out….

1637460968796.jpeg

/ Remote hydraulic fittings leaking #6  
Are you sure that maybe you don't have a small tiny crack in the fitting?

maybe just swap o rings from a different connection and see if the problem follows the suspect o ring.

I’m actually not sure about that! I can not see anything but the top link hit the coupling sleeve and disconnected the hydraulic hose. Wish it was a bit further away from the top link!