Remotes at purchase time

/ Remotes at purchase time #1  

sheamus

Silver Member
Tractor
Bobcat CT2035HST
I am dealing on a ct2035 hst. I tried to get a deal on 3rd function, but they would move at all because it was backordered for months. I ended up ordering a summit kit for when I don't get tractor.

I am reading the threads here and it seems like every orders with the rear remotes. I may try and get a deal on those when I go in to buy tomorrow. But I am guessing they will be backordered on those too.

So a couple questions:
- if you negotiate d remotes in your deal, were they factory installed? Or did dealer have them in stock and put them on?
-what are you main use for the remotes? I plan on using grapple, finishing mower, tiller, land leveler, angle blade, and maybe wood splitter. But the would splitter is the only one that would require the rear remotes... I mean if I can negotiate a deal on them that is one thing, but the kit is $1k, and they will likely want that much again to install them.

/ Remotes at purchase time #2  
I negotiated a 3rd function for my 4in1 bucket. It was a Dealership install and the hoses were all flexible. My 4105 didn't come with rear remotes.

Within a year I was helping friends during haying season and they asked if I could rake one of the paddocks with their hydraulic-arm raise/lower ground powered rake. We detached the 3rd function hoses from the FEL and snaked them back to the rear and everything worked fine. Over the years I've only required a rear remote a couple of more times and 'snaking' the 3rd function hoses back has always sufficed.

If you want both, 3rd & rear, then order them as part of your tractor 'deal'. Have them deliver your tractor and they can send a mechanic to install them later on when they arrive. It's what my Dealership would do.

/ Remotes at purchase time #3  
Get yourself a self-cancelling remote, if you have the money to do so. I love having them on my tractors. Just throw the remote up, it raises your implement and automatically unlocks flow, allowing you to keep paying attention to what you’re doing.

Last edited:
   / Remotes at purchase time #4  
IMO, a third function is very handy when using a grapple. My dealer charged $900 to install the kit. I could have gone with a diverter valve and have a NIB valve I was planning to use on my old tractor. Glad I went with the 3rd function....but it is more expensive.

My tractor came with two rear remotes and I have only used one so far. It is handy to have but not a necessity on the implements you are planning to use.

BTW, look at an LS if you not done so. Most models come with rear remote(s) as standard. They also have higher lift capacity than most of the competition.

/ Remotes at purchase time #5  
I am dealing on a ct2035 hst. I tried to get a deal on 3rd function, but they would move at all because it was backordered for months. I ended up ordering a summit kit for when I don't get tractor.

I am reading the threads here and it seems like every orders with the rear remotes. I may try and get a deal on those when I go in to buy tomorrow. But I am guessing they will be backordered on those too.

So a couple questions:
- if you negotiate d remotes in your deal, were they factory installed? Or did dealer have them in stock and put them on?
-what are you main use for the remotes? I plan on using grapple, finishing mower, tiller, land leveler, angle blade, and maybe wood splitter. But the would splitter is the only one that would require the rear remotes... I mean if I can negotiate a deal on them that is one thing, but the kit is $1k, and they will likely want that much again to install them.
The Bobcat 3rd function is always on backorder. You can ask them to get one from WR Long. They are the same price as Bobcat and you can get them in a week. W.R. Long, Inc. | Valve Kits The only reason to get a valve kit is if you plan to add a top & tilt kit for your box blade and use a wood splitter.

/ Remotes at purchase time #7  
As you & others mentioned the wood splitter is the only attachment that would require the rear remote... however if you can negotiate / swing for one (or 2) I would highly recommend it. Although not required a Top (or Top N Tilt) will make using the land plane & blade work easier in 90% of the cases.... After installing Top N Tilt on our TC40 it made a world of difference on our end results... not that you can't do the adjustments manually but you will find you won't, you'll say its just good enough.... lol

So if you can negotiate then in... definitely do...

/ Remotes at purchase time
I was shut down hard. He told me he didn't have an inch to move on price. He was going to see if he could maybe cut me a deal on ordering a kit in, so we'll see.