Loader Removing bucket from lift arms no QA

/ Removing bucket from lift arms no QA #1  

wayne48

Bronze Member
Tractor
MF 1433v
I donot have quick attach fittings on the FEL of my tractor. I'm looking at getting a Brush Crusher grapple attachment which I can apparently install just using the pins that hold my bucket to the lift arms of the FEL. I wouldn't mind the extra work involved in switching between the grapple and bucket as long as things don't end up going for hours trying to get everything lined up and pinned.
So my question is has anyone actually removed their bucket from their FEL and reinstalled it without the benefit of a QA setup? How hard was it? Time involved? Any tips?

/ Removing bucket from lift arms no QA #2  
If you set the bucket on a dolly, it is much easier to get back on.

Very easy to make from wood:

P5200010.JPG

/ Removing bucket from lift arms no QA #3  

/ Removing bucket from lift arms no QA
Good suggestion. Thank you.

/ Removing bucket from lift arms no QA
Yes- I watched this vid. Looks pretty straight forward. I guess only way to find out is give her a go!

/ Removing bucket from lift arms no QA #6  
It's dead simple on my JD 870. To remove, get off and remove the keepers. Get back on, use the curl control to tip the brackets off the bucket, and be gone.

To re-install, drive up to the bucket with the attaching brackets tipped forward a bit to engage the bucket, raise them into the hooks on the bucket, and tip them upright to roll the bucket in place. Get off and install the keepers.

Any reasonably flat place will do. Nothing extra needed, no need to get off and position the bucket. So a dolly wouldn't help, in fact would probably make re-attaching more difficult because the bucket would be more included to move as you drive up to it. Would be helpful if you want to roll the bucket elsewhere for storage while it's off.