Backhoe Removing/Installing BK2375 - narrow shed

/ Removing/Installing BK2375 - narrow shed #21  
I think if I had to remove the entire sub-frame to take off a backhoe, it would be either off or on all the time. Mine is easy to remove, but since I have 2 tractors, mine stays on all the time and ready to work at the turn of a key. It would be so easy to design all of them to remove via two pins rather than removing the frame so why do some require frame removal? Cheap/thoughtless engineering??

I timed it today...1 minute 17 seconds. Not a big deal. Put the feet and bucket down, release the hydraulic pressure, disconnect 2 hoses, pull 2 pins, and drive away. If you're concerned about creep, then wrap a chain around the stabilizers and bucket to keep the tripod from slipping.

/ Removing/Installing BK2375 - narrow shed #22  
The Kioti subframe is mounted to the main frame with two pins.
I doubt it is any easier or more difficult than the LS design.

The Kioti subframe is two boxed members the run from the BH to about the flywheel (4' long, maybe), with two cross members, one at the front and one at the rear. The crossmembers slide into receivers bolted to the main frame at the appropriate positions. The picture below shows what the subframe looks like, dismounted from the tractor. photo.JPG

You put the stabalizers and bucket down to take the weight off the subframe, pull the two pins, pull the tractor away from it, and disconnect the hydro lines. I've pulled mine off in as little as 3 minutes. Reinstallation takes a few minutes more, but that is only because you have to back up to it somewhat precisely.

/ Removing/Installing BK2375 - narrow shed #23  
I think if I had to remove the entire sub-frame to take off a backhoe, it would be either off or on all the time. Mine is easy to remove, but since I have 2 tractors, mine stays on all the time and ready to work at the turn of a key. It would be so easy to design all of them to remove via two pins rather than removing the frame so why do some require frame removal? Cheap/thoughtless engineering??

Just the opposite, IMHO. The subframe stays with the hoe to allow for it to be part of the hoe and not part of the tractor. It attaches easily once one knows the process, and it removes easily too. Storage can be an issue though, with the long subframe being somewhat awkward to find a place to store without it being in the way. And Kioti does not allow for a 3PH hoe type on their tractors, as a result of well thought out engineering which precludes the use of a hoe which could damage the tractor.

/ Removing/Installing BK2375 - narrow shed #24  
Another option is to park the hoe outside. Pull a tarp over it once it gets cold. (after the mice have gone to bed)

/ Removing/Installing BK2375 - narrow shed #25  
Just the opposite, IMHO. The subframe stays with the hoe to allow for it to be part of the hoe and not part of the tractor.

If the subframe stayed with the tractor, you could only have a single reciever, near the rear of the tractor. The whole point of the long subframe that stays on the BH is that it can reach far enough forward to engage a second receiver, and spread its weight out over a longer section of frame and provide a much more stable mounting.

I'd be interested to see a picture of the LS backhoe dismounted. I have a feeling it is very close to the design of the Kioti, and it is just a misunderstanding of nomenclature on Gary's part. I can't see them designing a subframe-backhoe that only attaches at the rear of the tractor.

/ Removing/Installing BK2375 - narrow shed #26  
If the subframe stayed with the tractor, you could only have a single reciever, near the rear of the tractor. The whole point of the long subframe that stays on the BH is that it can reach far enough forward to engage a second receiver, and spread its weight out over a longer section of frame and provide a much more stable mounting.

Exactly. Thus the correct engineering for the application.--- CM

I'd be interested to see a picture of the LS backhoe dismounted. I have a feeling it is very close to the design of the Kioti, and it is just a misunderstanding of nomenclature on Gary's part. I can't see them designing a subframe-backhoe that only attaches at the rear of the tractor.

Agreed. It would not make sense, and could be detrimental to the tractor's entire structure.

/ Removing/Installing BK2375 - narrow shed #27  

====================
Actually the subframe is bolted to the backhoe unit and the whole assembly comes off or goes on as a unit. It's a two pin system too and it can be removed in minutes. It takes about 10-15 minutes to install. (lesser experienced uers longer). I even had to remove mine one time when I had no hydraulics using wood blocking and a floor jack. That went very well considering.

It's sometimes a pleasure to get the subframe off the unit because it becomes easier to service the tractor and increases ground clearance.

rimshot