Replacement flasher lights

/ Replacement flasher lights #1  

jcummins

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota M7040, F3680, Mule Pro Fxt
I had an M7040 tractor in Texas. Tore those flasher lights off, sold tractor that way. Now with a different M7040, did the same thing. You'd think I'd learn. But mowing around woods without a batwing mower, seems you can't help but get into the limbs.

What's the solution? Different lights that aren't plastic? Build a bracket around the lights? Where's the best place to get replacement lights. Prefer something different than the plastic ones.

/ Replacement flasher lights #2  
Use the clicklock surface mount posts and build a bracket to mount them on the fact of the ROPS with a metal guard around them.

/ Replacement flasher lights #3  
i have more issues with lights on trailers. and weeds grabbing a hold of a wire and ripping out the wire.

it has gotten to a point on a couple things were i would say one of these days i will just make a "quick connect" plug for the wires. so when something snags. the plugs will come apart. and i will not have to re-run new wires and or attempt to splice wires back together. needless to say i end up running metal pipe / fittings to locations. and ran wire through the metal pipe.

now i just curse things. when i some how manage to pull wire apart. and the wire will not pull out of the metal pipes. due to the metal pipe got bent up / crimpped together some place. and holding the wires in it. and not enough room in pipes to fish another wire or 2 through the pipe.

darn if you do, darn if you do not.

=============
my biggest issue with replacement lights = getting correct type of bulbs. wrong amp / wattage = not as bright, or to bright and burn up quickly. your flasher relays may only be rated for a certain amount. before you fry them. so again double check amps/watts used when getting replacement lights.