Restarting My '70 Nova Project

/ Restarting My '70 Nova Project
You can take a regular tap and cut it in half and you have a bottom tap.
I thought about that, but then I would still have to buy a new tap, so I just figured I'd get the proper tap to begin with. I have other things to do until the tap gets here.
Of course, when I order from McMaster-Carr I usually get the parts the next day or so, since they come out of Chicago, but for some reason, this order was shipped out of Goodyear, AZ, near Phoenix and won't be here until Friday. Go figure.

/ Restarting My '70 Nova Project #522  
I thought about that, but then I would still have to buy a new tap, so I just figured I'd get the proper tap to begin with. I have other things to do until the tap gets here.
Of course, when I order from McMaster-Carr I usually get the parts the next day or so, since they come out of Chicago, but for some reason, this order was shipped out of Goodyear, AZ, near Phoenix and won't be here until Friday. Go figure.
Oh ok I didn't know if that's all you were waiting on. I've cut the end off of many taps to get threads to the bottom when I didn't have a bottom tap.

Oh ok I didn't know if that's all you were waiting on. I've cut the end off of many taps to get threads to the bottom when I didn't have a bottom tap.
I have a couple of bottoming taps, but not a 1/4"-28, of course.

/ Restarting My '70 Nova Project #524  
Does MSC have a storefront in Elkhart?

Does MSC have a storefront in Elkhart?
Yes, down on the south side of town, but I have had some bad service there, so I'm not going back. Prices are higher than McMaster-Carr, too.

Dropped the wheels off at the powder coat shop today, he thought they'd have them done end of next week. They can't do two colors, so I'll just paint the black areas.
Took some time and cleaned the bench off this afternoon. Also went to the electrical supply in town and bought three 8 foot LED lights to replace the ones in the bay over the Nova. Went to wire them with a power cord, but the wires were in the center of the fixtures, so the 3 foot cords weren't long enough and went back to exchange them for 6 footers.
I did install the springs on the hood hinges, was pretty easy with the bars I installed in them to keep them stretched out part way.
The tap and set screws arrived this evening, so I can work on finishing up the parking brake cables tomorrow.
Now I'm looking at the exhaust X pipe under the car, as it hangs down lower than I like. I may take it off and turn it over as it's got a slight bend ahead of the X that should raise it up a couple of inches. The only problem is that since the engine and transmission are offset towards the passenger side of the car, the right side pipe is pretty close to the driveshaft. I might have to bend it out an inch or so to get more clearance. Then again, it might not work at all. I guess I'll see.

IMG_20240418_170117659_HDR.jpg
IMG_20231211_133508930.jpg

Last edited: