Oil & Fuel rhino 344 - out of fuel

/ rhino 344 - out of fuel #1  

bearlythere

Fuel went dry while working, engine died....added diesel, still wont start.....do I need to bleed air out, add diesel to filter, or what?? HELP

/ rhino 344 - out of fuel #2  
I have no rhino experience, but all the chinese tractors we work on have a bleeder valve on the top of the fuel filter, usually build into the center bolt, some are gravity feed to the filter so diesel will just run out, others will have to be pumped with the manual pump that is normally on the injector pump.
After you bleed the fuel filter, you can manually pump the priming pump (unscrew the round knurled knob and the pump will pop up). untill you circulate through the pump. there should also be a place on the injector pump to purge the air as you pump, sometimes this has a ring through a screw/bolt head, sometimes just a screw head near the hard steel lines that lead to the injectors.

/ rhino 344 - out of fuel #3  
Your injector pump should have a provision for manually priming/bleeding the system, either gravity with bleed points or pump. On the Jinma's it is a small hand pump that is unscrewed to extend the plunger. This works like the low pressure(LP) feed pump and will send fuel through the filter and back to the injector high pressure(HP) pump to fill the HP cylinders. You also need to loosen the HP feedlines where they connect to the injectors while you pump to purge the air from the High pressure lines as well. I do these one at a time and pump untill I get fuel dripping at the injector then close the valve.

The injectors work like a safety valve on an air compressor. The injector HP pump sends a pulse of HP fuel up the hard line to the injector. Once the pressure gets high enough, the injector "pops" open and sprays fuel into the engine. It sprays untill the pressure drops below it's close/reset point. Any excess pressure below the injector close level is bled off to the injector return line(to the fuel tank) as the injector closes. this prevent back flow in the injector pump and allows the LP pump to fill the injector HP cylinder and wait for it's next firing time.

The high pressure is transfered through the injector line to the injector like hydraulic fluid goes from the master cylinder to the slave cylinder on your car/truck brakes. If there is air in the injector line, it gets compressed, and the high pressure is not transmitted to the injector and it dosn't spray. No spray = No flow, so the injector pump piston/cylinder dosn't draw any more fuel the next time it cycles and that injector leg remains air-bound.

/ rhino 344 - out of fuel
Thanks.......I loosened the nut on top of the filter, found that it was full..........hand pump plunger must be stuck so I moved up to injectors and bled them off while cranking and it took a few minutes but finally started........thanks for all the help!!!

/ rhino 344 - out of fuel
thanks for the help...........got it going. Funny thing about fuel systems, found all sorts of leaks from the sediment cup to the fuel pump.......guess I got my work cut out for me!

/ rhino 344 - out of fuel #6  
Axz ossav n... v