RK24 Glow plug indicator

/ RK24 Glow plug indicator #1  

dsorrick

Tractor
RK24
Having an issue where my glow plug indicator is intermittent when starting tractor. Sometimes it works normal and sometimes it never comes on and glow plugs do not get hot so tractor is hard to start. Has anyone had this issue? If so, what was the fix? Anyone have any suggestions on where to look or what to check?
TIA for any info on what could be causing this condition.

Darrell

Last edited:
   / RK24 Glow plug indicator
Must of been an intermittent connection. I took every connector that i could get to apart and sprayed with contact cleaner. It now seems to be working correctly.

/ RK24 Glow plug indicator #3  
My RK24 is doing the exact same thing. Mine was bought in 2017. I know there must be a way to test if the glow plugs are working even though the light on the dash does not light up...? Use a clamp meter? Use a test light?
Is there a glow plug module? Since mine is impossible to start, I'm assuming none of the 3 glow plugs are working...therefore maybe the module quit working?

If your glow indicator is not coming on then most likely the glow plugs are not getting power. The wire for the indicator is directly spliced to the power wire coming from the glow plug relay. My glow plug relay is the middle relay of three that are located on the rigjt side of the engine just above the oil filter. I took the connectors off from the relay and from the rear of the ignition switch and cleaned them. Since doing that it has worked normal every time. I suspect that my problem was the ignition switch connectors, so i routed them so that they come straight out with no bends until after the connectors. I would cut the ty wraps and reposition the ignion switch wiring to reduce any kinks or bindinding and test to make sure it works before reassembly. You can also check power going to the relay to make sure it is not a fuse. If the fuses are good you should be getting power from the relay when the key is turned to the left. I have an .svg file of the circuit diagram but i have not been able to print it out due to the size, but you can scale the size down to at least see where everything is.

Here is the file, not sure if TbyNet is going allow it to upload or not.

The diagram you need is TYM T254HST Circuit Diagram