Oil & Fuel RK25 hydraulic oil level question and other

/ RK25 hydraulic oil level question and other #1  

Tater John

Tractor
9n, 135 Massey, Mahindra 2538, RK25
Hello all. Recently purchased an rk25 to garden and mow yard with six foot finishing mower. If anyone wonders whether it will do the job I
have tested it with my six foot mower in tall grass and can say it has no problem, in case anyone else considering the rk25 for same task.

Two questions (1) The owners manual says nothing about a metal strainer that is normally removed and cleaned out during hydraulic oil change. I thought
most of the Korean made tractors used a metal strainer that sometimes was a chore to get to. Anyone have any info on whether this tractor has the strainer?
(2) After having to put the tractor on a slope and gradually increasing the slope (front facing downhill) until I could see the fluid in the sight glass, it appears the
unit has way too much hydraulic fluid. I don't know how much but the tractor is at a pretty good angle before the fluid level shows.
This is the way it came from the store. The owners manual has a statement saying not to overfill when servicing. Will this cause a problem? Seems like
I have read on this forum somewhere through the years that overfilling the transmission on tractors is common practice, but not sure. Comments? I don't know
why they couldn't put a dipstick on this tractor? Unit has 1.5 hrs. so far.

/ RK25 hydraulic oil level question and other #2  
Hello all. Recently purchased an rk25 to garden and mow yard with six foot finishing mower. If anyone wonders whether it will do the job I
have tested it with my six foot mower in tall grass and can say it has no problem, in case anyone else considering the rk25 for same task.

Two questions (1) The owners manual says nothing about a metal strainer that is normally removed and cleaned out during hydraulic oil change. I thought
most of the Korean made tractors used a metal strainer that sometimes was a chore to get to. Anyone have any info on whether this tractor has the strainer?
(2) After having to put the tractor on a slope and gradually increasing the slope (front facing downhill) until I could see the fluid in the sight glass, it appears the
unit has way too much hydraulic fluid. I don't know how much but the tractor is at a pretty good angle before the fluid level shows.
This is the way it came from the store. The owners manual has a statement saying not to overfill when servicing. Will this cause a problem? Seems like
I have read on this forum somewhere through the years that overfilling the transmission on tractors is common practice, but not sure. Comments? I don't know
why they couldn't put a dipstick on this tractor? Unit has 1.5 hrs. so far.
Checking it when cold or after running for about 30 minutes? Owners manual should specify checking when hot or cold. Have a New Holland Workmaster 50 and owners manual specifies checking hot. It has a bolt type dip stick that has two marks, one upper and one lower. When cold it will check near bottom mark. When hot it checks near top. Your site glass may work the same?

/ RK25 hydraulic oil level question and other
Checking it when cold or after running for about 30 minutes? Owners manual should specify checking when hot or cold. Have a New Holland Workmaster 50 and owners manual specifies checking hot. It has a bolt type dip stick that has two marks, one upper and one lower. When cold it will check near bottom mark. When hot it checks near top. Your site glass may work the same?
Thank you for responding Ferling. Manual says nothing about hot or cold, just to check level in sight glass when tractor on level ground. my situation is that it's over filled so fluid level above sight glass.

/ RK25 hydraulic oil level question and other #4  
Thank you for responding Ferling. Manual says nothing about hot or cold, just to check level in sight glass when tractor on level ground. my situation is that it's over filled so fluid level above sight glass.
View when cold and compare if any difference from hot. The reason I’m suggesting this because I also own a Cub Cadet Zero turn. Hydraulic reservoir has a lower line for cold and a higher line for hot (about two inch differences). When I purchased new it was delivered with hydraulic level about half way between lines (Cold). I mowed my yard and parked it in garage. Notice a couple of drops of fluid on floor. Called place it was purchased from and they sent someone out that evening to pick it up. Next day received a call problem was corrected and delivery person was on his way. Dealer was embarrassed on what the problem was but he admitted he had someone new that topped fluids off. Anything above that lower mark when cold will raise hydraulic level above the hot line when used causing a minor leak until it cools down and fluid level lowers in reservoir .

/ RK25 hydraulic oil level question and other #5  
Found this from RK25 manual. If your sure it’s high you can change hydraulic filter and that should drop it some. (See pic for checking when cold)

Attachments

• 24027A82-F582-4EBA-975D-C40FC4F59557.jpeg
    24027A82-F582-4EBA-975D-C40FC4F59557.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 342
Found this from RK25 manual. If your sure it’s high you can change hydraulic filter and that should drop it some. (See pic for checking when cold)
You know I did see that language about checking the fluid 5 minutes after shutting engine down but I thought that was
to allow all the fluid to drain down. I didn't think the fluid would be cold after just 5 minutes. I wouldn't think the store
would let it get delivered overfilled if it would cause a problem, but mistakes do happen. I have written to the ask the
RK tractor guy site and asked about it. If I get an answer I'll post it. Thanks for your reply

You know I did see that language about checking the fluid 5 minutes after shutting engine down but I thought that was
to allow all the fluid to drain down. I didn't think the fluid would be cold after just 5 minutes. I wouldn't think the store
would let it get delivered overfilled if it would cause a problem, but mistakes do happen. I have written to the ask the
RK tractor guy site and asked about it. If I get an answer I'll post it. Thanks for your reply
Ok, thought I'd post this follow-up. I talked to RK service guy at Owensboro, ky RK about Hydraulic fluid level being over the sight glass. He said tractor comes that
way from distribution center with fluid level above the sight glass to provide oil for implements that may be used on the tractor, and that fluid level on
my tractor of no concern.