RK55 HST 50 Hour Service notes and pics....Facebook Rural King Tractors Nation

/ RK55 HST 50 Hour Service notes and pics....Facebook Rural King Tractors Nation #1  

joecooler

Tractor
1968 JD 300 Industrial
My pics and notes on doing the service on the RK55 HST are on Rural King Tractors Nation on Facebook Some helpful tips all captured for the event...I can't seem to link the post if someone can help me do that it would be great....

Attachments

• 50 Hour.jpg
    50 Hour.jpg
    309.7 KB · Views: 184
  • Fuel Water Seperator Filter.jpg
    Fuel Water Seperator Filter.jpg
    184.8 KB · Views: 194
   / RK55 HST 50 Hour Service notes and pics....Facebook Rural King Tractors Nation
Not a terribly difficult service. The two real sticky points were the Fuel Filter bowl and the vertical hydro filter. Had to remove the whole fuel filter to get the bowl off. And used a 36" pipe wrench to break free the vertical hydro filter. Axle plugs were pretty easy using a 1/2 inch impact extension and 12" adjustable wrench. The Yellow top tote worked well for capturing the draining. We removed the Back Hoe Fram Cross Plate to avoid spillage. The multi purpose filler funnel was excellent for getting around angles and fitting in pour holes. A little slow for the 10 Gallon pour, but I used a strong young man to pour the 5 gallon buckets...I can answer any questions....

Hydro Fluid and Funnel.jpg Filling the Hydro Fluid..

Air Filter canister.jpg Air Filter Housing

Adding engine oil.jpg Filling the engine oil

Air Filter.jpg Outer Air Filter

Big Hydro Filter.jpg Big Hydro Filter

Fuel Water Seperator Filter.jpg Fuel Filter

Hydro and oil drain bucker.jpg 27 Gallon tote to capture fluid

Second Air Filter.jpg Inner Air Filter

Oil Plug  II.jpg Engine Oil Plug

36 inch wrench for big Hydro Filter.jpg Vertical Hydro Filter Wrench: 36"

Coolant Color, Axle fill, Axle Plug, Hour Meter

Attachments

• Coolant.jpg
    Coolant.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 134
  • Axle plug.jpg
    Axle plug.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 130
  • Axle Fill.jpg
    Axle Fill.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 147
  • 50 Hour.jpg
    50 Hour.jpg
    309.7 KB · Views: 140
   / RK55 HST 50 Hour Service notes and pics....Facebook Rural King Tractors Nation #3  
Nicely done. Great pics.

/ RK55 HST 50 Hour Service notes and pics....Facebook Rural King Tractors Nation #4  
What color was the coolant?
Didn't look like the old style green.
I found out that some of the newer long life are not compatible ith the old style.

/ RK55 HST 50 Hour Service notes and pics....Facebook Rural King Tractors Nation #5  
My coolant is green. According to the stickers under the hood and the manual, its the old style green stuff mixed with water.