Robin Subaru Engine Problems With Solutions

/ Robin Subaru Engine Problems With Solutions #71  
So choking it and it starts running better for a bit would indicate a lean fuel condition, correct? As others have mentioned, and known to be an issue with those units, suspect vapor lock first, especially since it happens after the unit heats up, and goes away as the unit cools down.

/ Robin Subaru Engine Problems With Solutions #72  
When the tractor was new I had a problem with the gas cap not venting, that has been corrected and I check that when this occurs and that is not the problem. I also replaced the vacuum fuel pump with an electric one (runs better, starts better) and when this occurs if you take the fuel line off the at the carburetor there is plenty of fuel, so if it was vapor lock related I should not have any fuel at the carburetor, correct? Just a note, this occurred before I replaced the fuel pump, I thought perhaps the fuel pump was the problem.

/ Robin Subaru Engine Problems With Solutions #73  
Could be something in the bottom of the fuel tank plugging line? We've seen that before, too.

/ Robin Subaru Engine Problems With Solutions #74  
Could be something in the bottom of the fuel tank plugging line? We've seen that before, too.

That was my problem. White sealer in the connector on the bottom of the tank. I could hardly see it, as it matched the tank color so well. I pulled the tank, removed fuel line and blew compressed air back toward the tank. Then checked with wire etc. Washed the tank out, rinsing well. Let it dry and have not had a problem since.

/ Robin Subaru Engine Problems With Solutions #75  
Sounds like vapor lock. At a minimum move the fuel line away from the exhaust if possible and insulate the line. Best solution to avoid future problems(I had a valve job done at 1k miles or so and most likely due to extreme heat) is do the mod involving replacing the PT muffler and adding another fan for the cage. Did wonders for me and reduced cage/engine temp considerably.

/ Robin Subaru Engine Problems With Solutions #76  
My issue is specifically heat related, plenty of fuel at the carburetor, so I purchased an auxiliary fan and would like to ask Farmall140 where he mounted his fan, side or back, and if is drawing air or blowing air across the engine?

Thanks!

/ Robin Subaru Engine Problems With Solutions #77  
Side mounted. Originally was blowing in but I find that drawing out of the cage is much better. Also installed a thermostat to turn on at higher temps and remain on even after shutting down until below that temp. Here are some pics provided by former member Kent that helped me big time on this. I verified with an infrared thermometer that the heat n the cage was dramatically reduced. Sorry for the late reply on this...been busy around here.

https://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/private.php?do=showpm&pmid=914442

/ Robin Subaru Engine Problems With Solutions #80  
Sorry 'bout that. It's an old PM and mostly pics. In any case, I also installed a Robin muffler and some high temp tubing to eliminate the 90 degree curve in the manifold. I think I may have some of that tubing in my garage somewhere if you can use it.