/ RTV- noise, performance, mileage? #1  

pangadotcom

Tractor
RTV 900
Can you guys please comment on the following-

1. noise levels

2. acceleration

3. fuel consumption

4. and any objective advise on buying the RTV over the Mule, Rhino, etc... based on this forum it seems that the RTV is the best unit for the money... bar none! Is that so???

My application-

1. Daily parts, inventory and boat(s) hauling around a 6 block radius

2. client transport in and around our factory

Thanks in advance for all your replys... this is a great group!

Prio

Panga Fishing Boats
prio@panga.com

/ RTV- noise, performance, mileage? #2  
its very quiet. But I don't think as quiet as gas engines. I have a closed cab so th enoise level is higher then someonw with an open cab too.

Its plenty fast for me. Not as fast as a Polaris tho..

VERY good feul mileage. I got 15 hors the first tank (before I had to refill)

Its the best.. There is really no disputing this.. I did my homework and could have bought any UTV.. I bought the RTV.

Frank

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Can you guys please comment on the following-

1. noise levels

2. acceleration

3. fuel consumption

4. and any objective advise on buying the RTV over the Mule, Rhino, etc... based on this forum it seems that the RTV is the best unit for the money... bar none! Is that so???

My application-

Thanks in advance for all your replys... this is a great group!

Prio

Panga Fishing Boats
prio@panga.com )</font>

/ RTV- noise, performance, mileage? #3  
The noise level isn't bad for a diesel. You can carry on a conversation with a passenger while driving. It's not the stealth RTV though - people will hear you coming. The manual says 87db but doesn't say at what rpm - I assume at idle.

The acceleration is probably best in class. I only test drove a JD HPX and that was definitely slower off the line. The HPX also had very heavy steering while the RTV900 with it's power assist is effortless.

The fuel level seems to barley drop. I've got about 20 hrs and probably have used less than 5 gallons.

From your list of uses it doesn't sound like you'll need the aggressive tires. The stock tires on the General Purpose or Worksite should adequate.

/ RTV- noise, performance, mileage? #4  
Polaris has faster acceleration and the seating isn't as wide as the Ranger. So if transporting folks around is a concern the Ranger is wider or at least the seats are.

/ RTV- noise, performance, mileage? #5  
BeeFarmer, how wide of seating are you talking about? I'm about 6' tall and 200 lbs. I've often taken a friend of mine out and around in my RTV and he is 6'6 and 350 lbs. There is still about 1' or more seat in between us. Enough room for a small cooler. I'd have to say that you would have to be talking about two 450 lb persons minimum to have a seating size issue.

/ RTV- noise, performance, mileage? #6  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Can you guys please comment on the following-

1. noise levels
<font color="black"> </font> As with most diesels, there is a fair amount of noise. Definitely not loud, but many gas engines will be quieter.

2. acceleration
<font color="black"> </font> Moderate. Certainly not nearly as fast as a Rhino, but quicker than I expected. Not all diesels are slow; I have a Dodge diesel pickup (Cummins) that runs in the 14 second range in the quarter mile. Obviously it is slightly modified... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

3. fuel consumption
<font color="black"> </font> Big brownie points here for the diesel engine. There simply is no gas engine made that can compete with a diesel on durability or economy. Period. It is an undisputed fact that 1 gallon of diesel fuel contains more BTU's than 1 gallon of gasoline. Therefore, there is simply more energy to be gotten out of any given amount of diesel than gasoline. The history of the "heat engine" (diesel engine) is interesting and explains what the inventors were trying to achieve and why you see diesel engines exclusively in heavy commercial applications. In the last few decades, have you ever seen a gas powered semi, dozer, backhoe, large watercraft etc.?

<font color="black"> </font> This would have to be a subjective answer based upon your intended useage. For strictly an off road durable trail machine that will give you an adrenaline rush and is a blast, buy the Rhino. For a true work machine that can also get you out to your favorite hunting spot (albiet slower), buy the RTV.

My application-

<font color="black"> </font> Based upon your intended application, go drive the Mule and the Rhino as well, but I think you will find the RTV transmission and power steering will be big points of interest for you. Good luck!

/ RTV- noise, performance, mileage?
You guys are great!!! While I am a Yamaha fan (we are partnered w/ Yamaha) i definitely feel that the industrial quality of the RTV will better serve us. I am sold!!! Just got off the phone w/ my local dealer... it will be ready this morning!

So now I will join the club and post some pics from deep down south! I have my aluminum dept. on que to build me a bull bar w/ frigid rigid cooler, tool box and an extended roof rack.

/ RTV- noise, performance, mileage? #8  
Pangadotcom
Congrats on your RTV purchase. You'll be happy with it.

You mentioned in your other thread "Just cancelled my order for Mules after discovering the RTV."
The "Mules" sounds like you're going to get more than 1. Is that true? If so, can you get a deal on the Rhino (since you're a partner of Yamaha) and have a Rhino and a RTV?
You could be an expert for us having one of each and doing daily "side by side" tests.

/ RTV- noise, performance, mileage?
The Rhino I am sure is a winner! and I have been trying... However, my deal is with Japan not North America... So, the effort at politricks just isn't worth it. I did manage to get a Hauler 1000 but felt it could not tow.

Prio

/ RTV- noise, performance, mileage? #10  
I am the same 6'1" 215 or so. Just was saying the seats are wider. I have my wife and daughter with me when we test drive so that is why it is important.

Thanks