Buying Advice Rural King - Yellow-painted King Kutter implement pricing

/ Rural King - Yellow-painted King Kutter implement pricing #1  

markie61

Veteran Member
Tractor
2019 Rural King RK55HC with Loader & Backhoe; 2001 New Holland TC40D with Loader
I'm seriously looking at getting a loaded RK55HC and tried to negotiate a cash price discount. No joy/they will not discount the tractors. Anyway, the salesman did offer that they were negotiable on the YELLOW-painted King Kutter implements. Apparently they are changing their implement color to match the RK tractor color and are clearing out the older stock. Little tip for those of you (like me) who do not care if the paint matches.

/ Rural King - Yellow-painted King Kutter implement pricing #2  
Also they sell red tractor paint if it really bothers you. :laughing:

/ Rural King - Yellow-painted King Kutter implement pricing #3  
I'm seriously looking at getting a loaded RK55HC and tried to negotiate a cash price discount. No joy/they will not discount the tractors. Anyway, the salesman did offer that they were negotiable on the YELLOW-painted King Kutter implements. Apparently they are changing their implement color to match the RK tractor color and are clearing out the older stock. Little tip for those of you (like me) who do not care if the paint matches.

Just in case you haven't noticed, they are selling their tractors at an steeped discounted price.
Same price you see in their website is what they sell for at the store.

/ Rural King - Yellow-painted King Kutter implement pricing
Just in case you haven't noticed, they are selling their tractors at an steeped discounted price.
Same price you see in their website is what they sell for at the store.

Agreed that it's a great value. But being both the frugal type and a financial professional, I always look for ways to save money because each dollar invested and earning 6% will be worth $3.66 after 20 years. Since it appears that I will be replacing this $45K tractor in 2039, I hope to have plenty of $$$ saved for the next one. Therefore, I look for and am happy to take a "scratch-n-dent", "low-hours-but-warrantied", or "discount-for-cash" deal to save investable cash if I can find it. Never hurts to ask for a discount...the worst that could happen is that they say "no" (which they did)...

/ Rural King - Yellow-painted King Kutter implement pricing #5  
Since Rural King doesn't charge any sort of credit card processing fee, I used a credit card that I get 2% cash back on to purchase my RK24. I'll turn around and pay off the card and pay no interest. 2% back isn't much, but every little bit helps!

/ Rural King - Yellow-painted King Kutter implement pricing
Since Rural King doesn't charge any sort of credit card processing fee, I used a credit card that I get 2% cash back on to purchase my RK24. I'll turn around and pay off the card and pay no interest. 2% back isn't much, but every little bit helps!

Good to know that you could put the whole thing on a cash-back credit card: 2% of $45k = $900 which could be worth $3200 in 20 years (assuming it was invested at 6% annual compounded growth). When I bought my last car, the dealer restricted how much I could put on my air-miles card; I did the max and paid it before finance charges accrued - and got halfway to a free air travel ticket to see my brother. For big purchases like this one, I always try to leverage SOME benefit out of the deal.

/ Rural King - Yellow-painted King Kutter implement pricing #7  
If you REALLY are a FARM (by an IRS filing), then you can also get tax exempt status from RK and not pay sales tax. At the end of the year, you get a summary of all such purchases to give to your tax accountant. Same for my JD dealer and my welding stuff provider. This is for Michigan at least.

/ Rural King - Yellow-painted King Kutter implement pricing #8  
Some people are not aware that King Krutter Products have a standard / proffesional / and sub compact line . Perhaps you can negotiate on your needed implements and order from their pro line and have it trucked to store . Me myself have never been a fan of King Krutter standard implements . https://www.kingkutter.com/store-product.aspx?id=3460 This reminds me of when TSC treid to sell Dark Horse implements years ago , boy that sure didnt last long .