SA 324 Busted Hydraulic Hose

/ SA 324 Busted Hydraulic Hose #1  

ScottQ

Tractor
Yanmar 324
My wife was digging under our deck yesterday with the 324 (factory backhoe) and accidentally hit a deck joist right on the hydraulic coupling on top of the backhoe arm. We needed to dig a trench for a new buried power line, and the power company won't dig under the deck. The digging part went perfectly right up until she hit the bottom of the deck with the top of the backhoe arm. The coupling broke of course and I guess now I need either a new coupling or a new hydraulic line.

This is my first experience of any kind with hydraulic hoses, so any suggestions on the easiest way to repair this would be appreciated. It doesn't look like a terribly big deal to get a new hose and hook it up, but I'm having a difficult time finding the exact specs on that hose. It appears to be a 1/4" hose with a JIC coupling but I can't tell exactly how long it is without removing it, which I haven't yet done.

Any suggestions or thoughts are appreciated! This is all completely new to me!

TrenchDigging.jpg

/ SA 324 Busted Hydraulic Hose #2  
Any pictures? might just be the fitting any hyd shop should have it.....

/ SA 324 Busted Hydraulic Hose
I'll get my wife to take a picture later which shows the damaged coupling in more detail, but this is the spot where it hit the deck and a spray of hydraulic fluid was the result. It looks to me as though that coupling is completely broken.

TrenchDigging2.jpg

/ SA 324 Busted Hydraulic Hose #4  
Remove the hose and take the whole thing to a hydraulic shop. If they just put a new end on the hose the hose itself will be shorter. They should easily be able to build a complete new hose, though.

/ SA 324 Busted Hydraulic Hose
That's the current plan, though the tractor is in Tennessee and I'm in Georgia right now, so we will soon find out if my wife is able to accomplish the hose removal on her own. Only fair I suppose, since she's the one who broke it! :p

/ SA 324 Busted Hydraulic Hose #6  
Should just come right off with a box end wrench, your local equipment shop can make a new one. Probably less than $100.