SA424 Oil pan removal

/ SA424 Oil pan removal #1  

MACflyer

Tractor
Yanmar SA424
Well, I had a senile moment today while changing the oil and ended up with a part of my oil funnel in the crankcase. I'm trying to get the oil pan off to remove all the plastic debris, but that sucker is really tucked up between the frame rails. Anyone have any tips on how to get to it priced loose from the gasket? It looks like my best bet is to try to remove the thin metal guard in front, but it's trapped by the radiator assembly. Open to any suggestions, thanks.

Attachments

• PXL_20220616_215000843.jpg
    PXL_20220616_215000843.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 82
  • PXL_20220616_215014355.jpg
    PXL_20220616_215014355.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 83
  • PXL_20220616_215040696.jpg
    PXL_20220616_215040696.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 81
   / SA424 Oil pan removal #2  
I ck'ed info that I have but didn't come up on the in tractor removal. if you had the engine out and then its a no brainer, Would jacking the engine up a couple of inches get you enough space.
Also, make sure the plastic fan is on the other end of the driveshaft, needed to cool the trans

Ill keep ck'ing and will post if I find anything

/ SA424 Oil pan removal
Just got it off. Had to stop baby tapping and give it some real solid whacks. I was afraid of destroying it, but it's actually fairly solid. Only one small piece of plastic sitting in the bottom though. I'm thinking the rest got shredded enough to drain out with the oil? Is there anything I can do besides check visually as much as I can for any debris left anywhere?

/ SA424 Oil pan removal #4  
Just got it off. Had to stop baby tapping and give it some real solid whacks. I was afraid of destroying it, but it's actually fairly solid. Only one small piece of plastic sitting in the bottom though. I'm thinking the rest got shredded enough to drain out with the oil? Is there anything I can do besides check visually as much as I can for any debris left anywhere?
Ck the pump screen, if only small piece, the rest most likely got chewed up, change the filter if you can and cut the old one open, Use a good bright lite and take a look up into the engine, might see something, if not, I would put it back, run it for a couple minutes and drain the oil & ck for pieces, if nothing then you just have to run it, hopefully the filter, screen caught the rest, don't forget make sure the fan is still in one piece

/ SA424 Oil pan removal
Ck the pump screen, if only small piece, the rest most likely got chewed up, change the filter if you can and cut the old one open, Use a good bright lite and take a look up into the engine, might see something, if not, I would put it back, run it for a couple minutes and drain the oil & ck for pieces, if nothing then you just have to run it, hopefully the filter, screen caught the rest, don't forget make sure the fan is still in one piece
So....this all happened because I changed the oil, then went to crank it for a final check of the oil level. Forgot to pull the funnel from the filler port first, and it of course immediately chewed the end off. All this to say it only ran for a second, I immediately killed it.
The screen is clear and the fan is fine also. I'll run down and hopefully get another filter tomorrow and do as you suggested, thank you.