Mowing Securing Zero Turn with front casters to wood-decked trailer

/ Securing Zero Turn with front casters to wood-decked trailer #1  

ahbarbour

Tractor
Cub Cadet RZT L54
Does anyone have a good plan for chocking and securing a Cub Cadet Zero Turn to a wood decked TSC trailer?

/ Securing Zero Turn with front casters to wood-decked trailer #2  
Could screw down some chocks to the deck, then strap down the mower good. But properly strapped, you shouldn't need chocks.

/ Securing Zero Turn with front casters to wood-decked trailer #3  
I would loop a strap around each front fork and pull it down/forward at a 45ish degree angle to the deck, then use 2 other straps to pull down/back from the back of the ZTR to the deck.
Legally speaking you would probbaly be fine with a strap over both forks to tie the front down and another in the back, but (IMO) its worth spending a couple more minutes/dollars on 4 good straps (I would get ones with a WLL of at least 1000#). 2 more straps are much cheaper than damage to the mower (or injuries to someone else) if something goes wrong.

Aaron Z

/ Securing Zero Turn with front casters to wood-decked trailer
Excellent suggestion. Thanks.

/ Securing Zero Turn with front casters to wood-decked trailer #5  
Here is what I have used for several years.

001.jpg

The green straps that secure both the walk behind and the zero turn are called Fastraps. I have used them for years and the green straps were pretty awesome. A couple of years ago an employee was pulling the trailer with those two mowers on it. He got too far too close to the edge of the road and the passenger side tire dropped off the edge of the road and hit a driveway connection and destroyed the trailer.

2013-05-11 15.41.31.jpg

The straps did their job and kept both mowers secure and in place. The mowers were not hurt.

I bought a new trailer and two new sets of fastraps. The new fastraps are now red and I am not nearly as pleased with them. The straps themselves are slicker and will loosen up easily, especially if they get wet.

2014-08-20 17.06.51.jpg2014-08-20 17.07.05.jpg

The straps loosen up if they get wet or I hit a bump then the mower is able to turn sideways on the trailer. I am not all that pleased with the new red fastraps. The next straps I buy I will probably try a set from Rack'em.

RACK'EM Magnum Tire Trapper Wheel Tie Down #RC-WTD