Security Cameras -update

/ Security Cameras -update #41  
I also have a remote piece of land with a spypoint cam on it. I can tell you that if your not there every month and it gets below 32*f get the solar cam. I didnt at first and changing the lithium AA batteries cost me $80 in fuel alone.

I would also caution anyone wanting to do this to make sure the camera isnt the most expensive thing on the property. I used (and still use) the $25 walmart Tasco cams for years. There more reliable than the bigger name brand units and even more reliable than my solar spypoint.

/ Security Cameras -update #42  
Yeiks….im sure glad i dont need to surround myself with 50 cameras.
Well, since this thread resurfaced.
IF you had read my post you would realize I don't "surround myself with 50 cameras".
I've 3 properties I'm keeping tabs on.
Plus a bunch of "backup/occasional use" cameras.
And Wyze came out with a different Pan/Tilt camera suitable for outside deployment, almost weatherproof except for the power cable.

Last edited:
   / Security Cameras -update #43  
I used (and still use) the $25 walmart Tasco cams for years. There more reliable than the bigger name brand units and even more reliable than my solar spypoint.
I am beginning to think to same thing. All these higher priced cams all have "some" negative reviews. It's like every company has a certain percentage of bad cameras, and most people complain about customer service. I'm 1 hours away from the property, I can't afford something to not work or break.

/ Security Cameras -update #44  
I am beginning to think to same thing. All these higher priced cams all have "some" negative reviews. It's like every company has a certain percentage of bad cameras, and most people complain about customer service. I'm 1 hours away from the property, I can't afford something to not work or break.
Fully agree. That's why I try to rely on redundancy (several cams) to monitor my properties. I'm mainly watching for fallen limbs, roaming dogs etc.
When you are rural with a LEO response time of an hour security takes on a different time aspect.