Tires Sheared valve stem

/ Sheared valve stem #1  

RosseauK

Tractor
KiotiDK40se
Hey guys, while doing some work this weekend my 3pth stabilizer came loose and went into my rear rim and sheared my valve stem off. It is a brass valve which has the adapter to fill tire with fluid. Is there anyway to replace it without taking the tire off and breaking it down? I do not have fluid in tire only rim weights and I can drive right to the tractor, but i would rather not pull tire off if I do not have too. It seems to me that is the only way to fix it, but I do not have a lot of experience with tractor tire repair. Any info would be great thanks

/ Sheared valve stem #2  
You must have access to the inside of the rim to change or replace a valve stem.

/ Sheared valve stem #3  
You're going to have to break the seal or bead of the tire to the rim on the side of the valve stem. You might be able to push the tire away from the rim to access the stem. R1 tires bend a little easier than R4 tires. I've used my fel bucket and a piece of 2x4 wood to break beads but then you have one tire off the tractor making it a little unstable for that.

/ Sheared valve stem #4  
I have seen tires and tubes replaced with the wheel mounted on the tractor.

/ Sheared valve stem #5  
There is a northern tool AME/Little Buddy Manual Bead Breaker, Model# 71600 $169 that will break the beads while on the tractor. Don't think I payed much over a $100 for mine 15 years ago but have used it on a lot of tire, from back tractor tiers to small front lawn mower tires.

/ Sheared valve stem #6  
I've done the front tire (broken stem) solo on my DK45. The front tire was heavy but the back tires are much heavier and probably dangerous to move by hand. It may be possible to break the bead and fish a new valve in place with a special tool, like this. But it may be difficuly to re-seat the rim, especially with the tire installed and the inside rim lose. When I did a front tire, I had to use an air blaster (like this) to re-seat the bead. I think this may be a case for the pros, if you have a local tire service that will come to you. Seriously, even an unfilled rear tire can hurt you bad unless you have equipment to handle it. Do you have a neighbor with a loader and forks?

/ Sheared valve stem #7  
The exact same thing happened to me except my stabilizer actually broke at the weld but resulted in the same shearing of the valve. I wrestled the tire off, loaded in my truck (tough, but doable as a one man job) an took it to the pros. Wasn't cheap but still believe that's the preferred approach.

/ Sheared valve stem
That's what I thought guys. Thanks for the info I guess I have to wrestle it off and into my trailer and take to the shop.