Sherman Transmission swap?

/ Sherman Transmission swap? #1  

lennyzx11

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota L3301 HST/LA525 & 1964 Ford 2000 gas
Do you guys know if a Sherman transmission with the dogleg shifter in a 47 9n will fit a 64 Ford 2000? I don’t think it is.

I’ve been offered one but don’t know if it’s a bolt in or not.
I’ll have to buy the whole tractor and would hope to swap parts to make two complete so I could sell the 9n later.

/ Sherman Transmission swap? #2  
Do you guys know if a Sherman transmission with the dogleg shifter in a 47 9n will fit a 64 Ford 2000? I don稚 think it is.

I致e been offered one but don稚 know if it痴 a bolt in or not.
I値l have to buy the whole tractor and would hope to swap parts to make two complete so I could sell the 9n later.

It would think that it is highly unlikely.

/ Sherman Transmission swap? #3  
The most common Sherman found in a 9N or 2N is a step up. A Sherman combo is more commonly found in an 8N or later hundred series. Your 64 2000 would have to be a four speed for the Sherman to be compatible, and a combo would be the only Sherman that would work. A sherman combo out of an N tractor would have a 10 spline input shaft, and a 64 2000 would need a 15 spline input shaft. The 10 spline and 15 spline input shafts are interchangeable on the Sherman combo, so if your 64 is a four speed, and if the N you found does actually have a combo, then it may be possible with also swapping the sherman input shaft. None of the Shermans will work with a five speed trans.

/ Sherman Transmission swap?
And there it is!
Thanks for the detailed explanation. Now I know.
The 64 is a little quicker than I like for low gear was what I was looking for.

Thanks again for the details. That helps me a lot.
Lenny

/ Sherman Transmission swap? #5  
As Michford sez not a bolt and go. You would need to change to the later spline input shaft and nose cone. You might be able to trade someone your earlier spline shaft and nose cone for the later one if you are lucky

/ Sherman Transmission swap? #6  
As Michford sez not a bolt and go. You would need to change to the later spline input shaft and nose cone. You might be able to trade someone your earlier spline shaft and nose cone for the later one if you are lucky
Sounds like you fellas really know your stuff. Did you catch my recent post about 2N generator bushing? Cant find one localy. 2n10000 generator shaft Dia. .591 (15mm) bushing OD .720