Showroom Shock !

/ Showroom Shock ! #71  
waited 4 months for my RTVz1120. I am told new construction units will be available around Jan/Feb 22, and then again in mid-summer. I was recently in Galveston where they have a huge receiving yard for the big units, it looked normal from the road. Cat yard was pretty bare.
i will be back in a few weeks and take another look, have not been run off yet for licking the fence. :)

/ Showroom Shock ! #72  
I remember reading an article a few years back where someone interviewed several older Eastern Europeans to compare life before and after the collapse of the USSR. One of the things several of these people brought up that I found interesting; When they were under the Soviet's thumb, having money wasn't a big problem, the problem was that there were virtually no goods in the stores to spend your money on. The shelves were empty. After the collapse of the Soviet Union the situation reversed. There were plenty of neat things to buy on the store's shelves, but no one had any money to buy any of it. I sure hope none of you take this and turn this into a political discussion, but we are definitely approaching the "we have the money, but there is nothing to spend it on" status, probably for totally different reasons.

/ Showroom Shock ! #73  
bought my first tractor.It's a cub cadet 6284 with the 28hp cat diesel engine,front loader,154 hrs. (yes hour meter is correct),Paid $800.Added a woods mill wc-68 very lightly used for $2200.I'm all set.
I'll wait for the next recession to buy another vehicle, local dealer was selling Tellurides for 10k Over list price,crazy.But then I've never been one to buy new,I prefer near new.
I apparently missed this when it was posted. I had a 6284 and ran it several years with few problems that could not be traced to the previous owner.
If you want to private message me I can give you a few things to look out for so you can get many years out of it. wspitcher@gmail.com

/ Showroom Shock ! #74  
I sure hope none of you take this and turn this into a political discussion, but we are definitely approaching the "we have the money, but there is nothing to spend it on" status, probably for totally different reasons.
This is the classic Economics 101 definition of inflationary pressure.

/ Showroom Shock ! #77  
Traded my L6060 for a M5-111 a few months back. My dealer, from whom this is my 8th Kubota purchase, did not indicate there would be a problem getting one. Checked the buying forums and got worried even though I don’t need the tractor until next planting season. So after a month, I called. He said he hadn’t had word yet. A month later he said he would need to look at trading tractors he has in stock to a dealer who had the one I wanted. Yesterday I finally got a call asking if I would accept loader equipped (I had ordered without loader because of already having 2 loaders). I said yes, because later I felt I made a mistake buying less loader because loaders are so common on this size. He said thank goodness, because if I really wanted one without loader it wouldn’t be here for planting season. When I was last at the dealership I saw he had quite a few CUT’s and SCUT’s and from reading here, I thought he could easily swap. Hearing all the shortage problems, I thought sales must have plummeted each of the past 2 years, but in all tractor classes, 2020 sales were higher than 2019, and 2021 sales for the first 10 months have blown 2020 out of the water. The demand for new is extremely high, and supply does not seem to be affected by chip shortages like for cars and trucks. Companies are really pumping them out and dealer inventory is really shrinking. When I saw a farmer get a $350k tractor delivered in August just to put in the shed until planting season to make sure he had one, I thought that was crazy, and now I face the same thing except for lower asset value sitting idle through the winter.