Simple fix...dumb fixer.

/ Simple fix...dumb fixer. #21  
I have a good work/friend that made it all the way to adulthood before he bought his first motorcycle. He told me it ran out of gas about a mile from home on his day off, had to push it back.
Asked him if it has a reserve position on the fuel shut off?
A what…??
Yep, we had a good laugh, he now knows what that res position on the fuel petcock is for.

Mike
Did any of you guys ever have an early (50's) VW Beetle, with the fuel reserve toggle down by your left foot (Australia - right-hand drive)? I can remember on a few occasions, when running low on fuel, I'd fiddle with my toes (barefoot) to flick the lever into "reserve" mode before attempting to overtake another vehicle! Not that that situation was a common event, as most traffic was going way faster than my little 36hp beetle!

In more modern versions, VW actually introduced a fuel gauge!

/ Simple fix...dumb fixer. #22  
Did any of you guys ever have an early (50's) VW Beetle, with the fuel reserve toggle down by your left foot (Australia - right-hand drive)? I can remember on a few occasions, when running low on fuel, I'd fiddle with my toes (barefoot) to flick the lever into "reserve" mode before attempting to overtake another vehicle! Not that that situation was a common event, as most traffic was going way faster than my little 36hp beetle!

In more modern versions, VW actually introduced a fuel gauge!
Earliest beetle I had was I think a 67, it had been pretty much chopped up, basically our dune buggy. I don’t remember it having a reserve, but maybe I just didn’t know about it.

Mike

/ Simple fix...dumb fixer. #23  
Earliest beetle I had was I think a 67, it had been pretty much chopped up, basically our dune buggy. I don’t remember it having a reserve, but maybe I just didn’t know about it.

Mike

I had a brand new 68 bug with fuel gauge.