Snow blower hydraulic oil smell

/ Snow blower hydraulic oil smell #1  

Nipigonite

Tractor
Kubota BX25D
I used the BX2755hd snow blower for the first time yesterday. Very impressed with the operation, not so impressed with the installation. Found it difficult to install the front shaft between the blower and the shaft on the quick mount frame. It is difficult to pull the locking collar back while pushing the shaft in the opposite direction among all the steel pieces of the mounting frame. Should get easier as I gain more experience with it.

Every now and then I would get a small smell of burnt hydraulic oil. Noted this after a couple of hours of operation. The hydraulic oil level in the tractor is fine. I am wondering if it may be coming from one of the gear boxes on the blower? I note the gear box between the augers has a pressure relief valve on the top. Maybe I am smelling the oil when this valve opens? I do not think there is a pressure relief valve on the gear box behind the augers.

Nipigonite

/ Snow blower hydraulic oil smell #2  
If you are referring to the worm to spur gear gear box between the open auger halves it has
a vent in it to prevent the seals from blowing out when the oil gets hot.

It would be very good for you to check for oil leaking from the lift cylinder under the
tractors snow blower that raises and lowers the snow blower and the hoses for the chute
rotation motor/cylinder.