Source for MT2001FD Left Hand Steering Arm

/ Source for MT2001FD Left Hand Steering Arm #1  

nevinst

Tractor
Mitsubishi MT2001FD
I recently purchased an MT2001FD which needs some work on the front left hub and spindle and then some work on the hydraulic system. My biggest stumbling block at the moment is sourcing a steering arm for the left hand side. (Part Number cast onto the part looks to be 1023 2122 LH) This tractor has the Power Steering option, and I think someone replaced the cylinder with a beefier, and slightly too long, cylinder which resulted in a lot of wear and tear on the entire left hub and spindle, and ultimately, broke the steering arm in two just beyond where the steering cylinder attaches. I may be able to get the steering arm repaired as a last resort, but I'd much rather find a good used one out of salvage somewhere.

I have emailed and called several places online looking for salvage parts or for someone to point me in the right direction, but have either not received a response, or have struck out with those who I have talked to. I located one for an MT2201D but the person I talked to said that the steering arms were not compatible. I'm planning to start calling those I have emailed, but am giving them a couple days to respond for now.

As for this post, I'm looking for any advise, information, direction, suggestions, or help in locating a suitable replacement steering arm or suggestions on repair. (It's a cast part which would be delicate to weld and last, but I understand it is possible.) I've seen that there are a number of persons in this group with some extensive knowledge about these tractors and the different configurations, so perhaps someone might be able to identify what other tractors would have the same FWD configuration? That might be able to help me broaden my search.

All in all, I am pleased with the tractor and look forward to getting it up and running so I can start getting it to work for me. I have a new loader control valve on order and as soon as that arrives and I get it installed, I may have some questions about some hydraulic system troubleshooting. For now, though, I'm really focused on what I'm going to be able to do with the steering arm issue, so I'm looking forward to hearing what others have to say and suggest.

Thanks in advance for any help.