Stijl 500 Just a concept saw?

/ Stijl 500 Just a concept saw? #1  

BrokenTrack

Veteran Member
Tractor
Tractors, Skidders, Bulldozers, Forestry Equipment
I have have been out of touch for awhile, but was waiting for the Stijl 500 to come out before upgrading my junk Husky 562.

I was looking on their website and see the Stijl 461 has been upgraded to a newer model but don’t see a 500 Stijl available yet.

Does anyone know the deal on them?

/ Stijl 500 Just a concept saw? #2  
Check your local Stihl dealers. Mine has them, and they mostly cater to professional landscapers, not people who need big saws.

There's also a MS400CM coming to the US soon. It's already out in Europe. It's basically a MS362 which is 67cc instead of 59cc, using a magnesium piston. Independent dyno charts show it makes good power, and it weighs only sightly more than the 362. Price is a lot lower than the 500.

/ Stijl 500 Just a concept saw? #3  
I have have been out of touch for awhile, but was waiting for the Stijl 500 to come out before upgrading my junk Husky 562.

I was looking on their website and see the Stijl 461 has been upgraded to a newer model but don’t see a 500 Stijl available yet.

Does anyone know the deal on them?
I've been wondering where you disappeared to. Didn't you become a welding instructor last year?

/ Stijl 500 Just a concept saw?
Yeah I did, but I’m working with industry to get our students hired they gave me an offer I could not refuse.

I hate to admit it, but it is a lot less stress and literally twice the amount of money.

It is crazy pay, but there is a half million shortage of welders in this country right now so the pay is incredible. Now if we could only get steel so I got some steel to weld. 😀

/ Stijl 500 Just a concept saw?
Check your local Stihl dealers. Mine has them, and they mostly cater to professional landscapers, not people who need big saws.

There's also a MS400CM coming to the US soon. It's already out in Europe. It's basically a MS362 which is 67cc instead of 59cc, using a magnesium piston. Independent dyno charts show it makes good power, and it weighs only sightly more than the 362. Price is a lot lower than the 500.
I was looking for the fully fuel injected saw, that was why I was looking at the 500.

I have a Husky 562 but oh just does not have any ponies to power through wood, but Stihls can be filed to make a bigger chip too, so I am sure a Smaller Stijl would be better than the Husky.

Around here everyone uses the Husky but only because they are cheap disposable saws. Buy them for 700, run it for a year, trade it in for 300; rinse and repeat!

/ Stijl 500 Just a concept saw? #6  
500i's every where here along with the 400 too.

/ Stijl 500 Just a concept saw? #7  
I was looking for the fully fuel injected saw, that was why I was looking at the 500.

I have a Husky 562 but oh just does not have any ponies to power through wood, but Stihls can be filed to make a bigger chip too, so I am sure a Smaller Stijl would be better than the Husky.

Around here everyone uses the Husky but only because they are cheap disposable saws. Buy them for 700, run it for a year, trade it in for 300; rinse and repeat!

I have a 500i, a 462, and the 562 to me the 562 runs with the 462. If you really want a 500i that’s a saw that doesn’t come alive till at least a 32” bar with full comp chain in my opinion. Both the 462 and 562 both will pull a 32 but do better with a 28 on down running full comp square. All that said the 562 will out oil the 462 which is also a huge deal in my book as a faller.

/ Stijl 500 Just a concept saw? #8  
They're out. My friend has one. Its.......a saw..