Stump grinder for a Rayco 130/140??

/ Stump grinder for a Rayco 130/140?? #1  

Gamma

Silver Member
Does anyone have experience with using the Rayco SC130 stump cutter on a Rayco 130 or 140?

How much are the dealers asking for the SC130 stump grinder?

/ Stump grinder for a Rayco 130/140?? #2  
If I'm not mistaken my Rayco guy said they were 20-21k. But think what you could do with a 140 h.p. stump grinder. He said they took down a large tree with it for fun.

I don't recall where you live, but if you would like I can get you in touch with the rayco salesman I deal with if you like. He said as soon as he gets a new C100 in I could demo it. I'm looking forward to it. More cooling and better A/C. Plus as my tracks wear those metal tracks sound more affordable everyday.

/ Stump grinder for a Rayco 130/140??
Robbie,

I'm located in Missouri and I've actually been in touch with a Rayco salesman already. He was here in MO recently to do a new C130 delivery for a ROW maintenance company and he arranged for me to get a demonstration out of it too. I posted a description of the day along with videos the week before last I think.

He did give me a brochure for the new 100 sized machine (you can download it from the Rayco website too along with videos of it) and said that the specifications printed on it are not written in stone yet and that he's actually sold several of the 100's even though they aren't building them yet.

I've been thinking that the new Rayco C100L would be an awesome first machine for me instead of the ASV RC-100 or Rayco C130/140. I think what I'm on the fence about is whether to go with rubber tracks or steel tracks. I was all set for getting the ASV RC-100, but then I went on the demo. for the Rayco C130 and after seeing it in operation and seeing all the punji sticks that are left sticking up I thought to myself that they'd tear a rubber track to pieces in no time while you wouldn't have to worry about a steel tracked machine at all. Plus the Rayco machines are designed and built to be mulching machines from the start where as the ASV machine is adapted to be one.

So how often have you wished that you'd of gotten a steel tracked machine instead of a rubber tracked one?

How often have you ever actually said to yourself: "I'm so glad that I bought a rubber tracked machine instead of a steel tracked machine"?

Feel free to elaborate on the pro's & con's of rubber track vs. steel tracks.

Thanks!!

/ Stump grinder for a Rayco 130/140?? #4  
For the money upfront the ASV is still hard to beat. But.... if you plan to run one 8+hours a day multiply days in a row or week the rayco would be more economical and tougher. This opinion comes from running one and seeing what mulching it does to the tractor. Plus with 100+ temps this week the A/C even right out of the shop still needs help. I've done a few things to help but ASV can improve in this area.

Now, I have a need for the rayco for the afforementioned reasons but couldn't do without my ASV for it's manuverability and rubber tracks to cross yards, driveways, and such. I also have yet to get everything out of my ASV because of my head choice.

I did see your postings of the rayco and after seeing and running one it leaves you wanting one bad. But again in my position it's more ecinomical for me to stick to the size tractors I have and call in a new found partner with a monster excavator when the material gets too big for me.

Your comments here.........Robbie

/ Stump grinder for a Rayco 130/140?? #5  
Robbie Hegwood said:
Plus with 100+ temps this week the A/C even right out of the shop still needs help. I've done a few things to help but ASV can improve in this area.

Have you a specific complaint with ASV's top mounted air conditioning? I'm getting a new M2 SR80 and would like to know what to expect.

jmf

/ Stump grinder for a Rayco 130/140?? #6  
Slightly unfair comparison, my kubota excavator has a sealed cab and a superb A/C system and I've been running it alot this week so I'm a bit spoiled.

My ASV is an early 06 model and they made several improvments after I bought mine. Insulation packages, forestry packages, etc. It will cool but not like the kubota. Now from what I've seen and heard the SR series A/C is completely different and much better. I think they call it a red dot system. Just pick a hot humid day and demo one at high noon and see how long it takes to pull the temp down in the cab. I have just begun installing the insulation, sound proofing package so its getting better. Robbie

/ Stump grinder for a Rayco 130/140?? #7  
Guys - The Rayco STump Cutter head for either the C 130 or C140 sells for $22,500.00.

Any of the Rayco forestry mowers are head above the others when used in the woods for what it was designed for. Better cooling, Hydraulic power, etc.

The new C100LXP is just going into production this month, with all indications from the proto stage, it will be a winner for everyone. Most second time buyers of forestry mowers indicate they want steel tracks w/ their next unit. go to RAYCO - Stump Cutters, Brush Chippers & Land Clearing Equipment and see what its all about.