Suck, Squeeze, Bang, Blow, Go diesel go!

/ Suck, Squeeze, Bang, Blow, Go diesel go! #1  

k0ua

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Kioti DK35se Hydrostat
This short film show some of the development of the diesel engine. How exciting it would have been to be on Rudolf Diesel's team in those early days.

/ Suck, Squeeze, Bang, Blow, Go diesel go! #2  
Are you the new school teacher here?

Good Stuff!

/ Suck, Squeeze, Bang, Blow, Go diesel go! #4  
James, outstanding! Great video.

/ Suck, Squeeze, Bang, Blow, Go diesel go! #5  
So a 2 stroke would be bang blow/blow squeeze … bang blow/blow squeeze :oops:

/ Suck, Squeeze, Bang, Blow, Go diesel go!
So a 2 stroke would be bang blow/blow squeeze … bang blow/blow squeeze :oops:
I still have trouble understanding how those things work.

/ Suck, Squeeze, Bang, Blow, Go diesel go! #7  
Basic 2 stroke operation is when the piston moves up to compress the charge, suction below the piston pulls a new charge in through reed valves, piston port or other systems into the crankcase area. When the piston reaches nominal TDC and fires the piston moves downward to uncover the exhaust port at about 90 degrees from BDC. The exhaust starts to flow out the exhaust port. The piston continues down to expose the intake port at about 65 to 69 degrees from BDC. The compressed charge from the previous downward movement then flows into the cylinder with a portion pushing the exhaust gasses out the exhaust port.

The piston goes up again and everything repeats.

/ Suck, Squeeze, Bang, Blow, Go diesel go! #8  
James, Great video. Great find. I really enjoyed. The history of the evolution of diesel is story-telling in itself. My diesel tractor I love, don't know for sure if I'd want or need any other diesel rig, at this time I have no need for any other "serious" power pusher/puller. Greg

/ Suck, Squeeze, Bang, Blow, Go diesel go!
James, Great video. Great find. I really enjoyed. The history of the evolution of diesel is story-telling in itself. My diesel tractor I love, don't know for sure if I'd want or need any other diesel rig, at this time I have no need for any other "serious" power pusher/puller. Greg
I enjoyed it as well. If nothing else, it shows that it takes time to bring new technology into distribution and wide acceptance. There are usually lots of failures before there are lots of success.