Swimming Pool options

/ Swimming Pool options #141  
I can't tell you much about it except that it's been trouble free for 20 years.

The system services the pool and the in-ground hot tub.

IMG_5214.jpg

IMG_5215.jpg

That's a hydraulic power pack in the top right corner. It is for the retractable pool cover which negates the need to have the pool area fenced.

/ Swimming Pool options #142  

That's a hydraulic power pack in the top right corner. It is for the retractable pool cover which negates the need to have the pool area fenced.
I have a friend that got laid off from several RV companies that have closed over the past 20 years. He's in accounting. Every time he gets laid off, he volunteers to stay with the company to close out the books. He gets a nice bonus for not bailing. One of those times he put in a swimming pool with one of those retractable covers. They are very, very nice! He closed it and the kids could run all over it. I think the advertising showed and elephant standing on it. (y)

/ Swimming Pool options #143  
I have a friend that got laid off from several RV companies that have closed over the past 20 years. He's in accounting. Every time he gets laid off, he volunteers to stay with the company to close out the books. He gets a nice bonus for not bailing. One of those times he put in a swimming pool with one of those retractable covers. They are very, very nice! He closed it and the kids could run all over it. I think the advertising showed and elephant standing on it. (y)

I've never seen the ads. The installer claimed you could drive a Toyota truck on it but I wouldn't want to try it. LOL.

/ Swimming Pool options #145  
I can't tell you much about it except that it's been trouble free for 20 years.

The system services the pool and the in-ground hot tub.

View attachment 703556

View attachment 703557

I live out in the middle of nowhere, that negates the need for a fence around the pool! But my insurance company said I needed to have the fence.. I now have a different insurance company! :LOL:

Yes I have a full salt system on my pool, but the pool and the tub are separate systems.

How do you like the cover? And those yellow strips on the knobs, are those locks or something?

Attachments

• DJI_0052.JPG
    DJI_0052.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 66
   / Swimming Pool options #146  
I live out in the middle of nowhere, that negates the need for a fence around the pool! But my insurance company said I needed to have the fence.. I now have a different insurance company! :LOL:

Yes I have a full salt system on my pool, but the pool and the tub are separate systems.

How do you like the cover? And those yellow strips on the knobs, are those locks or something?

I like your "out in the middle of nowhere." Very nicely laid out

The large covered outdoor area is a great touch.

The pool cover is awesome. It retains heat overnight and keeps debris out of the pool when not in use.

Turn a key to open or close. Remove the key if necessary and you're done. The fabric cover itself was replaced around the 15 year mark.

I think the yellow strips on the knobs are just for a quick visual as to "open vs closed".

IMG_2097.jpg

IMG_5230.jpg

/ Swimming Pool options #147  
While the chemical costs are much less expensive with our salt water pool, I know the salt water chlorine generator consumes electricity. Several AMPS worth when it's running. Multiply that by X hours per day by X days per season, and you have to add that into the cost of running the pool. And, the cell wears out eventually and will have to be replaced. There doesn't seem to be any hard data as to how often that will occur. Some variables in there as well.
I only run my filter pump (and chlorine generator) for an hour a day, and that's all I need. So... there's that. Well, when I'm not heating the pool. If I'm heating the pool then things run longer.

/ Swimming Pool options #148  
I only run my filter pump (and chlorine generator) for an hour a day, and that's all I need. So... there's that. Well, when I'm not heating the pool. If I'm heating the pool then things run longer.
I run my pump/filter/SWG 4 hours a day... when the pool water is cool I run it during the day, when the water gets too warm I run it at night and the water running down the slide in the cool evening air cools the pool down,
and during the day with the sun blasting on the slide warms it up.

/ Swimming Pool options #149  
I like your "out in the middle of nowhere." Very nicely laid out

The large covered outdoor area is a great touch.
Thanks, the covered area has a picnic table, bathroom and the pool mechanicals...

Heres another pic of my "out in the middle of no where" set up..

Attachments

• DJI_0013.JPG
    DJI_0013.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 60
   / Swimming Pool options #150  
Recent Wall Street journal seems pertinent (requires sub): Natural Pool Owners Are Kissing Chlorine and Orher Chemical Goodbye. We’re looking to restore our old spring fed pond, but as it’s a 350 foot walk away from the house, having a pool nearby, and in view of the house, would be nice. A few things From the article I gleaned online;

“As the second summer of the pandemic approaches, waiting lists for in-ground pools and a chlorine shortage are sparking interest in so-called "bio" pools.”

“Natural pools are a tiny fraction of the U.S. residential pool market, which is dominated by pools that use chlorine and other chemicals to keep bacteria and microbes at bay. They are a sustainable choice, requiring less energy to operate.”

“The water is somewhere between a mossy hue to a jade color. Aquatic plants and materials like gravel create a naturally occurring ecosystem with biofilms called a regeneration zone. Water is kept clean as it recirculates over the film of micro-organisms.“

”Natural pools cost ~$125/sf, excluding decks, electrical and landscaping. That is ~10% more than installation costs for a chlorine pool. But they are slightly less expensive to maintain.”

“In the U.K., architects Emma and Spencer Guy recently installed a 38-by-18-foot natural pool in Buckinghamshire, about an hour from London.” “There is nothing better than a swallow dipping next to you to drink as you swim in clean, odorless, warm water.”

”Natural pools cost ~$125/sf, excluding decks, electrical and landscaping. That is ~10% more than installation costs for a chlorine pool. But they are slightly less expensive to maintain.”

“Natural pools require about as much work as a traditional pool.

“We have to cut back the plants in the regeneration zone for the winter, treat water with beneficial bacteria a few times a season, drain pipes, and vacuum the bottom and sides...”