T254 4wd shaft rotating

/ T254 4wd shaft rotating #1  

elsievo

Tractor
TYM T254
I'm so close to having this thing done. Anyway, I have the center console cover off to adjust the HST pedals when I noticed that even though I have the lever in the 2wd position the drive shaft for the front spins when I move it. I have checked the lever and it is turning the shaft going into the rear end about 90 degrees. Is the disengagement in the transmission and it's just the front end spinning the shaft? Now that I think about it that probably is the case. So if I jack up the front end I should be able to rotate the wheels if it is in 2wd correct? Thanks for helping out the neophyte tractor owner.

/ T254 4wd shaft rotating #2  
Yes, the front axle will turn the shaft. The 2/4 wheel drive is disconnected inside the transmission. If you lift the front wheels off the ground in 2 wheel drive, you should be able to turn them.

You will have to "stop" one of them because there is a differential, or, find a way (helper) to turn the other wheel at the same time, same direction. Then the driveshaft should turn.

If you don't "stop" one of the front wheels, the differential will just turn the opposite wheel the opposite direction of turn.... just like a differential in a car.

Hope this helps.

/ T254 4wd shaft rotating
Yes, Thanks so much.

/ T254 4wd shaft rotating #4  
You are quite welcome! Hope you get everything done you need to.

/ T254 4wd shaft rotating #5  
Post some pics of the tractor! We all love pictures!

/ T254 4wd shaft rotating #6  
I'm so close to having this thing done. Anyway, I have the center console cover off to adjust the HST pedals when I noticed that even though I have the lever in the 2wd position the drive shaft for the front spins when I move it. I have checked the lever and it is turning the shaft going into the rear end about 90 degrees. Is the disengagement in the transmission and it's just the front end spinning the shaft? Now that I think about it that probably is the case. So if I jack up the front end I should be able to rotate the wheels if it is in 2wd correct? Thanks for helping out the neophyte tractor owner.
It don't have lock in hubs. So yes, it turns when front wheels roll.