T4.65

/ T4.65 #1  

tradosaurus

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota MX5400 HST, heavy duty bucket, 3rd function, R1 tires (rears filled), 2 remotes
I went to a local tractor store and was asking about used tractors when one of the salesman showed me a new 2018 T4.65 New Holland, 4WD, Cab, FEL. What I liked about his listing of features was that this tractor automatically regens so that your tractor isn't down for a period of time going through a regen mode.

He quote me $37,500 for the tractor with front end loader. I told him I would have to get a loan through my local credit union.

Does that price seem fair?

/ T4.65 #2  
New T4.75's are going for $46K-$48K around here. IMHO that is an excellent price that I would jump on if the unit met my needs.

/ T4.65
The salesman said the T4.75 would go for about $43K.

/ T4.65 #4  
What I liked about his listing of features was that this tractor automatically regens so that your tractor isn't down for a period of time going through a regen mode.
Does that price seem fair?

That's a total crock. Why would the tractor be "down" for a regen? All diesels need to be "worked" during a regen cycle not down, and the regen cycle is always automatic. For instance, I'm mowing weeds right now and I saw the regen light come on in the dash for a few minutes, then it went off. But I didn't do anything but keep on mowing which is the proper procedure.

If he would read his own New Holland literature he'd see that the T4.65 and T4.75 (the one I was looking at), don't use a DPF filter so actually they don't need a regen cycle. They use a catalyst which continually burns off soot.

/ T4.65
That's a total crock. Why would the tractor be "down" for a regen? All diesels need to be "worked" during a regen cycle not down, and the regen cycle is always automatic. For instance, I'm mowing weeds right now and I saw the regen light come on in the dash for a few minutes, then it went off. But I didn't do anything but keep on mowing which is the proper procedure.

If he would read his own New Holland literature he'd see that the T4.65 and T4.75 (the one I was looking at), don't use a DPF filter so actually they don't need a regen cycle. They use a catalyst which continually burns off soot.

That's exactly what the salesman said about the T4.65. He was advocating against the Kubota

/ T4.65 #6  

My tractor has two different regen modes. One can regen while working, the other I have to park it and hit the regen switch. It also has a DPF.

/ T4.65 #7  

The 4.65, 4.75, Case 65c and 75c all still regen with DOC, just less often. They burn most off during operation

/ T4.65
There is another dealer within 15 miles of me so I'm going to take another look at the T4.65 or equivalent. Both dealers get good reviews from google and have been in operation over 20 years.