TC-35D Fuel Problem

/ TC-35D Fuel Problem #11  
To Highway32, Old thread, I know. But did the new lift pump help fuel flow matters? Facing same issue on my FIL's tractor. He ran it out of fuel, I bled the filter and got it to run several seconds a couple of times, but now it won't fire off and not sucking fuel from the filter bowl now. The edge of the lift pump diaphragm were wet. Tractor has 800+ hours, don't know much about the history as he bought it last year out of Wisconsin (overall it was a well-kept tractor). Just like you, I pulled the line off the "in" fitting on the lift pump and determined fuel was making it to the pump. Removed line from "out" fitting and there was no fuel flow at all while cranking engine. I put my finger over the hole and did feel very, very slight air pressure (I think). So maybe it's just a dirty screen in there? Just curious as to your results with the pump itself in case you see this thread again. Many thanks.

-Matthew

/ TC-35D Fuel Problem #12  
To Highway32, Old thread, I know. But did the new lift pump help fuel flow matters? Facing same issue on my FIL's tractor. He ran it out of fuel, I bled the filter and got it to run several seconds a couple of times, but now it won't fire off and not sucking fuel from the filter bowl now. The edge of the lift pump diaphragm were wet. Tractor has 800+ hours, don't know much about the history as he bought it last year out of Wisconsin (overall it was a well-kept tractor). Just like you, I pulled the line off the "in" fitting on the lift pump and determined fuel was making it to the pump. Removed line from "out" fitting and there was no fuel flow at all while cranking engine. I put my finger over the hole and did feel very, very slight air pressure (I think). So maybe it's just a dirty screen in there? Just curious as to your results with the pump itself in case you see this thread again. Many thanks.

-Matthew

To any future readers, the problem was solved on my FIL's DX35 tractor by blowing compressed air back up into the tank (be sure to put a rag over the fuel cap opening) to clear out debris in the line. We did replace the fuel supply pump prior to this b/c it had a broken diaphragm inside. But I suspect that just blowing out the fuel line would've worked to start with. It was flowing fuel but after blowing it out, there was much more flow.