TC Boomers - Poor stability?

/ TC Boomers - Poor stability? #1  

SmallFarm

Considering a TC40 versus a Kubota 3710, and I\'m leaning toward New Holland, but it\'s about 8 inches longer, 10 inches taller and a whopping 15 inches narrower. Does anyone have experience/opinions on how stable this will be on hills? (I live in Appalachia.)

/ TC Boomers - Poor stability? #2  
Smallfarmer, I would very much doubt the issue of stability or the lack of it on the New Holland is an issue. When you get these specs. be sure your looking at the same thing. Tread width will make a huge difference in the overall tractor width and most all tractors have adjustable widths by rotating or turning rims. Height can be simply a roll bar difference. Length can add to stability. Most of todays four wheel drive tractors regardless of the manufactuer are less stable then the old "saddle tractors" like the Ford 545's but thats the price we pay for added ground clearance and a flat deck area. Rat...

/ TC Boomers - Poor stability? #3  
SF, I have a tc35d with the 16la and R4s for 25hrs now and haven't noticed any bad stability. The front/back is good, I've had the bucket full and very high and it's a little rocky, but that's the same for every tractor/loader/etc. As far as left/right the wheels seem to be very wide enough for comfort. Like any tractor, big or small, there's a limit to what you can do. I had a b2400 for several years and 210hrs and there were a few time I was up on one tire with the loader full and high. So maybe find a hill near your dealers and put the models to the test...with seatbelt on!! Of course!!/w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ TC Boomers - Poor stability? #4  
SmallFarm

I have a TC45D & I would dare to say that I have done some things that probably were a little more sideways than I should have. /w3tcompact/icons/blush.gif I don't have a tiltmeter so I don't know just how far I have tipped but... I have one area of ditch that is a rather steep angle (mostly due to a rut that is poorly located or dug) & I haven't tipped over yet. The wheels have sometimes even slid a bit down-hill sideways (when it was wet) as I went crossways on the slope & that left a very uneasy feeling. /w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif But it never felt like the tractor was going to tip. The first time that started happening I gently stopped & eased myself back very slowly until I was back on much less of a slope. I don't recomend taking any tractor sideways on a slope, however I would have to say that my NH has felt pretty safe & stable all things considered. Just remember to keep your FEL low & always keep your ROPS up in case the worst should happen. Enjoy your new toy when you get it - safely. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Troy

/ TC Boomers - Poor stability?
Thanks all for the advice.
Troy, "keep your FEL low & always keep your ROPS up" sounds like good advice for all areas of life!