TC25D VS JD4200

/ TC25D VS JD4200 #1  

ecarlson

I am perplexed and need a little bit of help. I am looking for a Compact Tractor around 25hp. I will need a Front Loader, 60" to 72" Mid Mount Finish Mower, Rotary Cutter, and the capabilities of a Backhoe in the future. I have looked at both NH and JD and can't see any major differences. Any help would be appreciated.

/ TC25D VS JD4200 #2  
ecarlson, so you've looked at the New Holland, and the John Deere; now go look at a Kubota, too. And don't just look, get the dealers to let you try out each one. We've all got our personal preferences, but they're all 3 good machines. Find the one that feels best to you and you probably can't go wrong. It seems that finding a dealer you can work with is more important than the brand of the tractor. Now that said, I'll bet after you try them all three, you'll want the Kubota like I did./w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif At least that comment will get you some more opinions./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Bird

/ TC25D VS JD4200 #3  
There are many really nice compact tractors available, but be sure you can get an appropriate backhoe for the model you are interested in. There are a few models that have an aluminim housing that will not allow use of a backhoe, and the hydraulic flow rate requirements are higher than many compact tractors. If you were interested in buying it all at the same time Kubota has a really neat B21 that has both a heavy duty loader and backhoe build on a heavy subframe. It also has a conventional 3 point and comes with a nice 4 support canopy. Kinda one of a kind tractor that is small yet powerful./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif