TC25D vs. Kubota

/ TC25D vs. Kubota #1  

MileFork

Thanks to everyone for the many postings I've read during my search for the right tractor. After a lengthy process, the field has narrowed to the NH TC25D (no supersteer) and the Kubota B2710.

I have about 4 acres to mow, a big driveway with lots of snow in winter, and some earth to move. The property is somewhat hilly and I'm worried about the tippiness of the more narrow Kubotas.

I spent a bunch of time in the Kubota area and almost bought the 2710...until I saw the NH. The wider stance and snappy design really makes for a great looking tractor. At the end of the day, however, I want a dependable tractor that's best in class.

I would appreciate any advice on the differences between these two models.

/ TC25D vs. Kubota #2  
MileFork. I doubt you will find anybody who has a quantity of experiance on both tractors. I don't have either one, but I have the 29D which is pretty close. I've drove some Kubota rentals. Both are very good tractors, and I think you will be happy with either.
I Don't have anything on my place that would be worthy of being called a hill, but I would doubt that the wider stance of the NH would save your bacon if you got into a jam.
When I bought my tractor I looked at the big three plus a few others. I really liked the boomer but I could have been swayed. It went something like this.
The JD dealer sold mostly ag tractors and big ones at that. I think they had one compact, and they acted like they weren't all that interested in selling that one.(There is a new dealer nearby that looks like it leans more toward selling smaller tractors)
The nearest Kobota dealer, I had to hunt up a salesman. He basically told me that almost everything on the lot was sold, and to leave my name and number. The "don't call us, we'll call you" method of selling tractors.
The salesman at the NH store, showed me the tractors, even some I had no interest in buying. Introduced me to people in the service, and parts dept. Also he was willing to deal. So far I've been real happy with the tractor and the dealer service.
One thing I'll add. Take a look at the deluxe hitch on the NH. I had my doubts about it, but got it anyway. It is worth the extra $ when you hook or unhook implements. good luck.

Ernie

/ TC25D vs. Kubota #3  
MileFork, I went the opposite way from Ernie. I've got a B2710, but I have a cousin who almost bought a TC25D, but since the dealer didn't have one in stock and did have a TC29D, he bought the 29. I've driven my cousin's New Holland as well as my Kubotas, and they're both nice machines; each has a few features I like better than the other. Buy the one you like best; you can't hardly go wrong either way.

Bird