3-Point Hitch TC29 3-Point Won't Lower

/ TC29 3-Point Won't Lower
No It hasn't been sitting. I have been using the FEL mostly, which works fine. I built a house last fall and have been moving dirt and logs.

Hydraulic fluid is full and the previous owner said he changed the hydraulic fluid and filter before I bought it roughly 100 hours ago.

/ TC29 3-Point Won't Lower #12  
No It hasn't been sitting. I have been using the FEL mostly, which works fine. I built a house last fall and have been moving dirt and logs.

Hydraulic fluid is full and the previous owner said he changed the hydraulic fluid and filter before I bought it roughly 100 hours ago.

It sounds like a blockage to me...some trash in the 3 pt....so if your FEL is working fine...it seems it has to be narrowed down to some blockage...I had that happen on a Ford Jubille 3 pt. hitch one time..it was a piece of O ring that had broken off...Maybe Soundguy ( Chris ) or Jinman will comment...they'll know.

I have a new piece of information. The 3pt raises while I lower the bucket or curl the bucket down.

Does this mean there is something wrong with the loader valve? By the way the FEL is a bush hog 1846qt.

I Figured it out.

The loader valve was missing the proper power beyond assembly. All that was in the power beyond port was a regular 90 fitting. The three point works fine if I unhook the loader hydraulics.

missing-power-beyond.jpg

/ TC29 3-Point Won't Lower #15  
I know this is an old post but I had the same trouble and didn't know there was a drop down control. This saved me a lot of time. I had a hole in the hydraulic return line (short rubber hose). After research found the correct fluid and filter, change it then the rear fork went down very slow. I thought I did something wrong. I found the control and adjusted it and it now works great. You guys have also be a help on my JD318 over the years. Thanks for the help.

/ TC29 3-Point Won't Lower #16  
I know this is an old post but I had the same trouble and didn't know there was a drop down control. This saved me a lot of time. I had a hole in the hydraulic return line (short rubber hose). After research found the correct fluid and filter, change it then the rear fork went down very slow. I thought I did something wrong. I found the control and adjusted it and it now works great. You guys have also be a help on my JD318 over the years. Thanks for the help.
I had a similar problem...acquired a TC29 with a piece of property we bought. It had a backhoe. I wanted to get a PTO chipper for the machine, and the PTO worked, but the 3 point would not raise or lower. The metering valve location looks just like Darrell's original picture, appears to be capped off. Through trial and error, found that disconnecting the hydraulic hoses from the backhoe put so much static pressure on the hydraulic system that the tractor wouldn't even start. Found a quick-disconnect fitting on the pressure return port of the Hydraulic Manifold Block/Diverter Valve, connected the loose end of one of the hoses (pressure side) that had been attached to the backhoe to that fitting, and the Hydraulic Power Lift Lever then worked to raise and lower the lift arms. I also (Like Darrell) had to free up that lever, as it had not been used for years, and was kind of corroded in place. Penetrating oil freed it up for me.

Based on Darrell's photo, and what I see on my tractor, I'm pretty sure there were a number of these machines that were sold without any metering valve installed. It looks like the rate of lowering is determined by how far and how fast you push the lever.

I have the operator's manual and the repair manual, and they both indicate there is a metering valve, but for some models, there just is no such valve.