TC29 or TC33

/ TC29 or TC33 #1  

RMorris

Hey Guys, I have no experience when it comes to owning a tractor. I have narrowed my choice to the
NewHolland line. My question is which of these two tractors should I buy (TC29 or TC33). I'm going to get 4wd and R4's on the tactor that I purchase. I will be using the tractor to plant food plots for the deer and turkeys. The total acreage will be about twenty to twentyfive acres. The ground is fairly flat and the soil is moderately sandy. I will also use a bushhog around the property from time to time. Should I consider the Hydrostat transmission? What are the down sides to owning the Hydrostat (upkeep and repairs).Any help or advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Richard

/ TC29 or TC33 #2  
RMorris,
Thats great to hear your going to purchase a tractor, /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif but Kubota wasn't your first choice. /w3tcompact/icons/crazy.gif/w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

I would think the TC29 would have plenty of moxie to work your 25 arces.

HST...I will say makes operation alot easier,and I yet to have any problems.

What attachment if any are you planning to purchase.

Have you done any resreach on food plots?
You might want to check out..www.antlerking.com

Wish you the best toward your new tractor and working your land.

Thomas..NH /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ TC29 or TC33 #3  
Richard, I own Kubota myself, but my cousin narrowed his choices down to the same two tractors you're considering; went with the TC29D because it was in stock and they'd have had to order the TC33D./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif They're both darned nice tractors, and you do just about the same jobs with them; bigger tractors just use bigger implements and get the job done quicker. There are no downsides to the hydrostatic, except it costs a little more (kind of like whether you want a manual transmission or automatic in your car). Are you going to get a front end loader? Handiest implement of all, and if so, you do a lot of direction changes; forward and backward, and the hydro is a real time saver, not to mention safer (can't accidentally have a foot slip off the clutch, stops quicker when you let off the hydro pedal instead of having to hit the clutch and brake, etc.). Good luck with the shopping and have fun.

Bird

/ TC29 or TC33 #4  
When I have decisions like this on a major purchase I also try to buy what is more sellable in the future. Besides getting the convenience of the HST and larger horsepower I believe it might be more sellable when the time comes. Not too many people complain of too much power. The HST also gives you other nice features on the deluxe model. I believe there is about $400-500 difference going from a 29 to a 33. Hope this helps and have fun with your purchase.

/ TC29 or TC33 #5  
I bought a TC33D & would recomend it. From what I understand, the 29 has the same basic engine as the 25 but has the pump turned up to give the 29 hp. The 33 actually has a larger engine that may be abel to get more power out with les stress, wear & tare on the motot. I will say that it's unlikely that any of us novice will wear out one one of these little diesel engines, but the little bit more hp with less work was something I considered. Also the 33 was available on the lot & I got a good deal. The dealer is also very important. Go with the hydo if at all possible & the loader is great to have...

/ TC29 or TC33 #6  
I'd buy the 33D if you were going to be primarily planting. In fact, if you have a little extra cash, I'd look at the 35D. It's only a few hundred more than the 33 and a heck of a lot more tractor. Also, think twice about the R4's. Their nice and an OK comprimise, but not all that effective in loose soil, unless loaded to the hilt. Their surface area is greater than the AG tires and the weight per square inch is so greatly reduced that traction is comprimised. Unless you plan to do a lot of work on pavement or lawn areas, there's no need for the R4's.

/ TC29 or TC33 #7  
Rmorris, I just upgraded my b2400hsd with loader for a TC35d with the 16la loader. While I don't have it in my garage yet(tomorrow) from the features I discovered, if you were sold on the tc33, the tc35 will blow you away. You get 1000lbs more from the loader lifting cap. Rear fuel tank, much easier shifting, no clutch at all, and much more.
Give me a week and I'll have much more to compare and comment. BTW my tc35D 16la 72" bucket, loaded R4's and
grill guard, and several NH hats 18,750+N.C.tax

/ TC29 or TC33 #9  
<font color=blue>several NH hats 18,750+N.C.tax </font color=blue>

Gee Whiz those NH hats sure are expensive.../w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Tomorrow you will be so /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif with your new unit.
Congrats!!!!

/ TC29 or TC33 #10  
yea, the hats were expensive. My wife has already told me that!! I told her they would last a very long time and get lots of good use and be very productive and keep there value well. Not like my GMC hat!
gary