TC33D fuel gauge problem

/ TC33D fuel gauge problem #1  

John_Mc

Elite Member
Tractor
NH TC33D Modified with belly pan, limb risers & FOPS. Honda Pioneer 520 & antique Coot UTV
The fuel gauge on my TC33D stopped working. It shows empty when off, and full any time the power is on.

I've been having issues with the instrument cluster for some time - the fuel gauge would stick at empty when powered up. A smack on the the cluster would free it up and it would work normally. I suspect that is a mechanical problem: corrosion or something causing the needle to stick (the instrument cluster has always had a problem with condensation inside it).

This current problem seems different. Just from the behavior, I'm guessing it's either an electrical problem or the senesor in the tank is broken or jammed. We do have an issue with mice getting in to things around here, so maybe some wiring has been chewed up.

Does anyone have suggestions on what to start looking at first? Also, what is the easiest way to get to the wiring behind the gauges to check it out.

/ TC33D fuel gauge problem #2  
This PDF should help, let us know what you find.

Attachments

• TC33D Insturment Panel - Fuel Guage.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 247
   / TC33D fuel gauge problem
This PDF should help, let us know what you find.
Thanks! That should be very helpful.

If it turns out the gauge is bad, do yo know if replacements are still available? I thought I had seen that the instrument cluster was no longer made.

/ TC33D fuel gauge problem #4  
Sorry I don't know of any sources for a gauge, maybe others will reply if they know.

/ TC33D fuel gauge problem #5  
If you need a fuel gauge they should still be available.... New Holland part # 86540853

It looks like both Messicks & Partspring have them....

/ TC33D fuel gauge problem #6  
I would bet the sending unit is bad. I have had to replace the sending unit in both my TC40DA and the Boomer 8N I traded in for the WM75. Easy job as it was on top of the fuel tank right behind the seat. If that is it be sure and replace the gasket.