tc45

/ tc45 #1  

dennisf

Hi I am new to this forum. I have been quoted a proce of $22,400 for a new tc45 fwd with 16la loader. Price is probably a little off because of trade-in games (I am trading a 3 yr old tc29 with 7308 loader for $8,800). However, from what I've read it seems the price I'm quoted (SW Florida) is high. I would be very grateful for pointers.

/ tc45 #2  
In February, I paid $21,900 for a TC45D4 with 16LA, Heavy Duty Bucket, a Single Remote, and R4 Tires. The dealer is also going to give me my 50 hr check for free. I am in North Central Texas and I think I got a $500 Ft. Worth Stockshow discount, but I also think if I'd worked a little harder, I could have had dual or triple remotes for a little more.

I think you could get your dealer down another $500 if you try.

JimI

/ tc45
Thanks Jim. Also, the tc45 I am looking to buy is a standard, not a deluxe which I think is what you have. What is a dual or triple remote? The only thing I am familiar with is the (must be a single?) remote control for my loader on my current tractor.

/ tc45 #4  
Dennis,

Your price is definitely too high (unless it includes sales tax - we don't have sales tax for farm use in TX). I'd be looking to get your dealer to sharpen his pencil some. Offer him $1,500 or more less. If you take the offensive and tell him what price you are willing to pay, you might be surprised. Be sure and tell him you consulted this board. He will know you can't be BS'd.

On your second question...a remote hookup is a set of quick-connect hydraulic hoses and a control valve mounted like the valve for the hydraulic lift. On most compacts, you can have up to three. This allows you to attach an implement which uses hydraulics (post drivers, bat-wing mowers, some box blade scarifiers, log splitters, etc.) Many folks are using one remote for a hydraulic cylinder which replaces the toplink or tilt for the hydraulic lift. You can always add one of these when you need it, but sometimes it is best to bargain with the dealer at the time of purchase. If he stands to make a tractor sale based on giving you the remote valve at cost, he just might do it.

Good luck,

JimI

/ tc45 #5  
DennisF,

Like Jim said your price seems more than a little high given that it is not a "D". If it were a "D" model then the price would be just a little high (based on pricing in my area- Northern IL). In regards to your trade in, you might want to consider selling the tractor on your own. Don't know your hours, condition, etc but $8800 seems low. If your local dealer stocks the TC45 then try to sell your TC29 and once it sells, then buy the TC45.

Don't know how much of a hurry you are in to get the TC45 but I would think that it might be worth a couple hundred dollars to advertise your unit on your own. The dealer would probably try to sell your unit for a 20% to 25% markup. That's a couple grand out of your pocket!

Hope this helps.

DaveV

/ tc45
Thanks guys for all the helpful advice. Much appreciated. I will let you know how it goes with the final price etc., and yes, I also think it might be much better to sell my 3 yr old tc29 (actually 1725) + 7308 (only 400 hours of use) myself, unless the deal starts to look much fairer.
Can't wait to get the tc45, though...
Dennis
Dennis Fletcher