Thanks for helping me get this :)

/ Thanks for helping me get this :) #41  
I can also curl and close the lid on my grapple at the same time with my factory third function setup. the solenoid does have a tendency to stick especially when not warmed up but a quick bump of the joystick has never failed to release it.

I don't mind the quick action but I can see where it would be a pain if finesse was required

/ Thanks for helping me get this :) #42  
I can also curl and close the lid on my grapple at the same time with my factory third function setup. the solenoid does have a tendency to stick especially when not warmed up but a quick bump of the joystick has never failed to release it.

I don't mind the quick action but I can see where it would be a pain if finesse was required
Are you sure the grapple lid is not shutting via gravity? Unless there is flow splitting going on (causing a single flow to feed to two places at reduced flow) , with open center hydraulics only one device at a time operates under hydraulic pressure. Your third function factory setup might have included flow splitting. Or the lid might just be closing by gravity.

/ Thanks for helping me get this :) #43  
The lid is definitely powered at the same time kind of like the fact that I can curl and raise the bucket at the same time but performance is definitely lower.

definitely flow splitting going on. I know the feeling. when my rear remote is in detent the 3pt will not raise.

/ Thanks for helping me get this :) #44  
So you have a separate lever for controlling the grapple open/close instead of the buttons on the loader joystick, or did you rig something else to work?
I use the installed control valves for the remotes. It was pretty simple to run hoses with quick connects to the loader mount arm that allows me to disconnect the lines when I remove the loader. On previous tractors I ran hoses up the loader arms, but since the dealer installed the lines on this one for the third function I used those instead. It's really no different than the control of the hydraulic top link.

I guess it doesn't bother folks to have hydraulics operating at full tilt, but it just goes against my grain. I much prefer slow and smooth.

One other thing I really disliked about the third function valve was where Kubota mounts them; on the underside exposed to brush etc. I ended up making a skid plate to protect the valve body which IMO should have been part of the valve install to begin with.

• Good Post
Reactions: JWR
   / Thanks for helping me get this :) #45  
The lid is definitely powered at the same time kind of like the fact that I can curl and raise the bucket at the same time but performance is definitely lower.

definitely flow splitting going on. I know the feeling. when my rear remote is in detent the 3pt will not raise.
Yep, I think more and more (newer) tractors/loaders are coming out with flow dividers so that "one track mind hydraulics" can be overcome, at least in specific need areas. Loader/bucket actions being high on the list. There is extra cost but many would be willing to pay a little more if they understood it all in the first place. Most buyers do not.

HOWEVER, your situation with the 3pt not rising when you are using one of the remotes is a bad-news issue with only some brands. Other brands (Massey Ferguson for example) have provided separate pumps for the 3pt and power steering for decades. Mine bought in 2011 is that way and that has been in place a long time prior to 2011. With independent pumps there is , well ... independence. This may vary among models in each brand & I certainly do not know them all.