The good side of the CA storm.

/ The good side of the CA storm. #11  
I used to joke about the weatherman holding a rain gauge under his umbrella.....
Ya, that about sums it up.

I've noticed recent local forecasts in Northern Nevada show hi and lo temps that are not records, since the record highs and lows were 20, 30, 40, 50, and more years ago.

High the other day in Nevada was 33F, low of 18. Record high for that date was 65F-- more than 50 years ago. Record low was -4, about 35 years ago. So I guess "unusual" weather is not all that unusual-- at least for particular dates.

And the conditions in N. CA are widespread-- so I'm (thankfully) hoping to see the dams and reservoirs coming up a bunch between now and late spring. :D :D

/ The good side of the CA storm. #12  
We're at 31 inches for this rain year. Last year it was 23 for the whole year. So we're already better than last year. 45-50 is "normal".

The ground can only soak up rain so fast. A lot of rain in a short time like we got in December means more of that rain runs off and ends up in ponds and reservoirs.

Plowhog do you have power? A friend in Grass Valley has been out for six days,

/ The good side of the CA storm. #13  
Power been out 6 days at our CA property. PGE says 10% of 16,000 customers without power will get restored this weekend. The rest are between 3 days and 2 weeks out.

We visited yesterday to check for storm damage. Stayed 1 night without power, brrr.

All the roads there have downed trees-- everywhere. But we only lost one limb out of a big oak tree. Very unusual-- the last big storm like this one downed so many trees I decided to buy a sawmill.