Thinnest hay field you ever bothered to bale?

/ Thinnest hay field you ever bothered to bale? #11  
You can always tell a non productive field when you have to combine 4 or 5 windrows to make a single windrow heavy enough for your baler to actually pick up....:laughing:

46 granulated time with some rain....

/ Thinnest hay field you ever bothered to bale? #12  
We had a season like that a few years back with no measurable rain from June to August. Hay is hay and the cows sure appreciate it in Jan. So far this year, we have had nothing but rain. I am mowing my yard every 5 days and just this week, finally mowed it all without getting stuck more than once. Lots of it, I had to hire a couple boys to weed eat large areas due to standing water.
It is usually that way with weather, one area gets too much while others get none.

/ Thinnest hay field you ever bothered to bale? #13  
Loving this season so far. Rainfall between cuttings is the best!!

/ Thinnest hay field you ever bothered to bale? #14  
I have cut some thin fields in my life, don't remember, but I want to say it was 3 or 4 round bales on 20+ acres. Square bales are hard to keep the wire tight on when it gets that thin, my granddad would say that was a good waste of wire.

The thickest I ever cut was on a creek draw, 11 acres and made 16 6x5 round bales the first cutting, you barely got out of the shadow of the last bale when it would start tying again. We cut that place 7 times in one year. Rains came perfect and the owner fertilized it himself and he didn't quite grasp the concept or the frequency of a commercial broadcast spreader.

The most square bales was a place we leased, you could jump from bale to bale.

/ Thinnest hay field you ever bothered to bale? #15  
I have cut some thin fields in my life, don't remember, but I want to say it was 3 or 4 round bales on 20+ acres. Square bales are hard to keep the wire tight on when it gets that thin, my granddad would say that was a good waste of wire.

The thickest I ever cut was on a creek draw, 11 acres and made 16 6x5 round bales the first cutting, you barely got out of the shadow of the last bale when it would start tying again. We cut that place 7 times in one year. Rains came perfect and the owner fertilized it himself and he didn't quite grasp the concept or the frequency of a commercial broadcast spreader.

The most square bales was a place we leased, you could jump from bale to bale.

Reminds me of the time I square baled wheat straw for the local road commission. They bought a 65 acre field, nice straight windrows from an axial flow with a concentrator on the back. I started at 8am with my NH 575 and my climate controlled Kubota M9000 and proceeded to run just under 4500 squares. I only stopped to fill the 6 ball twine box. Ate my lunch inside the tractor while bailing. Out of 4500, I had maybe 3 misses. 8AM until 8PM. I made 30 cents a bale. Best single day I ever had fiddling with hay tools, all on the ground, they picked them up. No touch. They were doing a big road job and needed the straw for ground cover.

Gotta love government work. I was spitting a square every 10-12 feet. After twine and fuel I cleared over a grand for 12 hours and never broke a sweat.

That stuff don't come along often.