This TBN Website

/ This TBN Website #21  
Other than the occasional 520 error in the beginning, that is long gone, not a single problem here. The update was a major improvement over the old forum. Much easier to upload photos, add links, videos and PDFs.

/ This TBN Website #22  
No problems here also.

/ This TBN Website
Have you ordered Starlink? Its awesome in CO.
It is great to be getting so much feedback from everyone here and all of it saying positive things about the new TBN. At least I know that a good TBN hookup is possible; I hadn't thought that it was. Good to know.

To Jchonline, and others who asked..... Not on Starlink. It's a fascinating technical service, but I'm not sure what I would personally use Starlink to do. Righ now it is not something that I have a use for - at least no use that I know of.... I could be wrong .....

We have a simple Century Link DSL here to the house, which comes to the house on an optical cable and plugs into a Century Link wireless modem to produce short range in-house network for connecting our computers to the internet. In my experience, optical DSL doesn't seem to produce errors; it either works or it doesn't. The in-house modem network hasn't changed since 2014, so I don't think that is what is causing the recent problem with TBN.

My wife and I each have a cell phone which uses At&T cell towers when roaming and uses whatever local network when not. That is all independent of the computer. My android cell phone is not connected to the home computer in any way I know of.
rScotty

Last edited:
   / This TBN Website #24  
Start eliminating things one at a time.

Eliminate WIFI.

I'd first try connecting your computer to your router with a CAT5 cable directly and see of the problem persists.

/ This TBN Website
I don't think it is a cable problem. The problems started with advertisements blanking the entire screen March 1, 2021. At the same time, Gmail flagged any TBN post notifications as spam and moved them all to the spam trapping file. I wrote about it in a thread:

GMail flags TBN post notifications as spam​

But I'll look to see if I have the right cable. Leave no stone unturned.
rScotty

/ This TBN Website #26  
I got no complaints.
Ditto ... the Spring upgrade was the best TBN has ever done IMO. (y) Use Desktop PC, Windows 10, Firefox 89 browser and Verizon 4G LTE.

/ This TBN Website #27  
Do you run an ad blocker? I do with Safari, and it makes browsing so much nicer/faster. I use ghostery.

On Chrome I don't run the ad blocker, and quite a few sites are unbearable.

/ This TBN Website #28  
Do you run an ad blocker?
Yes, Adblock Plus and it doesn't cause any TBN problems. Problem websites that require no ad blocking are visited once then abandoned.

/ This TBN Website #29  
rScotty, sorry to say, the issue seems to be local to you. Like others said, this site runs at least as well as anything else. Maybe look at the site from someone else's house as a test?

Plain vanilla setup here. ATT DSL, Win7, Firefox with uBlock Origin.

/ This TBN Website #30  
Exactly rekees4300. Sites that want me to turn off Adblock Plus NEVER get a second visit.