Tire Choice

/ Tire Choice #1  

albert

Bronze Member
Tractor
Toolcat D
Need to replace my original 2007 5600 D tires (Carlisle Trac Chief 27 X 10.5-15 NHS 8 ply) and need some advice as to best current choice (the more specific the better). The unit is used for grading, bushhogging, dirt work, tree and brush work, hauling, and finish mowing. No snow work. Need something with good traction but not so aggressive as to tear up the grass around the yard. Thanks.

/ Tire Choice #2  
couple years ago I changed to grass tires, they are larger both in width and diameter, they defiantly perform for my needs, grass cutting, grading and gravel work, they have a larger contact area so do less tearing up and work better for me on snow

/ Tire Choice #3  
   / Tire Choice #4  
thats the ones, they work way better than the standard tires, at first figured I would only use them thro summer but they stay on all year, the down side they stand outside the fenders and in mud makes a mess but all around glad I purchased them

/ Tire Choice #5  
@laurencen Bobcat makes a wider fender designed for the turf tires. I changed over to those when I moved from R4 to turf.