TLB hydraulics for top-n-tilt

/ TLB hydraulics for top-n-tilt #1  

jgoodma1

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota L4060
I recently bought a used Kubota L48 TLB and have been learning how to use it. I have an 800 ft gravel driveway and want to do some re-grading. A top-n-tilt system was suggested to be by a friend. My question is, since I have to remove the backhoe to use the 3 point hitch, can I rig up the hydraulic hoses that are used to actuate the backhoe and use them to operate the top-n-tilt cylinders? Thanks for any suggestions.

/ TLB hydraulics for top-n-tilt #2  
Yes you can you will have to get a set of power beyond valves the more the better. Each valve has 2 ports and can operate 1 cylinder a set of 3 valves (6 ports)can operate 3 cylinders power in and power out(double acting). You will have to find a place to mount the valve assembly that you can reach while sitting in the seat.

/ TLB hydraulics for top-n-tilt #3  
Randall may not be aware but I believe when you remove the backhoe on the L48 there is a diverter valve that transfers the hydraulic power from the BH connections to the 3pt hitch. Meaning that if you want the 3pt hitch to work you will not have flow from the connections used for the Bh. At least that is the way it is on my L39 and B21 TLB's.

MarkV

/ TLB hydraulics for top-n-tilt #4  
How about on a BX25? If I make up a rear remote valve to plug into the backhoe ports will the 3 point stop working?

/ TLB hydraulics for top-n-tilt #5  
Randall may not be aware but I believe when you remove the backhoe on the L48 there is a diverter valve that transfers the hydraulic power from the BH connections to the 3pt hitch. Meaning that if you want the 3pt hitch to work you will not have flow from the connections used for the Bh. At least that is the way it is on my L39 and B21 TLB's.

MarkV

Thanks mark I was not aware, good catch.

/ TLB hydraulics for top-n-tilt #6  
I guess it all depends on how your hydraulics are plumbed. I don't know the specifics of the L48, but on my B20 TLB, when the backhoe is removed, the high pressure supply hose to teh backhoe simply gets plugged into the return to tank line creating a hydraulic loop at the back of the tractor that serves no purpose. The 3ph hydraulics are separate. I did just as you contemplate --- I used the suppply hose for the backhoe to supply a set of control valves that I bought and mounted to create two sets of rear remotes. The return to tank port is connected to the backhoe return to tank hose. Simple, works graet and cost about $500 all in --- valves, hoses, fittings, QD's and all.