To Buy or Not To Buy...

/ To Buy or Not To Buy... #1  

PearlWhiteGT

Bronze Member
Tractor
New Holland T1510
I purchased a 2012 New Holland T1510 with 5ft brush hog and diamond plate canopy about a couple of months ago. It had less than 50 hours on it. Got it for $8200. There is a 2012 Kubota L3200 4 wheel drive , HST transmission, front loader, box blade and 5ft brush hog for sale. Has 65 hours on it and the seller is wanting $16,500. Wondering if it would be a wise decision to sell the New Holland and purchase the Kubota. What do you guys think?

/ To Buy or Not To Buy... #2  
It is always a crapshoot buying used equipment.

If your NH T1510 has proved dependable and is large enough for your needs, stay with it.

/ To Buy or Not To Buy...
It has and does what I need it to. Just like the 4 wheel drive & front loader that the Kubota has.

/ To Buy or Not To Buy... #4  
4x4 and FEL are very nice to have and increase the amount of work you can do. whether or not you need/want to is up to you

/ To Buy or Not To Buy... #5  
That is a pretty fair price for the 'bota with the rotary cutter and the box blade. I wonder if it recieved its 50 hour service.. oil, hydraulic and hydrostat filters will add to the cost if not already done.. Look at the filters, if they are gray, it was not done.

/ To Buy or Not To Buy... #6  
You are doubling the money you have tied up in the tractor by buying the Kubota. I can understand that, especially for 4wd and a FEL. Have you checked any dealers for trade in on a Kubota or another NH, or another color! By selling your NH, you really are starting from scratch again.
Good luck.