Toolcat 50-08

/ Toolcat 50-08 #1  

hilt70

Tractor
Bobcat Toolcat 5600
I have a 2014 Toolcat 5600 that has an error code of 50-08. Was using the machine yesterday and when I went to put in reverse the light came on and this is the code. The machine will not move forward or reverse. The code says that it is Travel Direction Control Lever Multiple Inputs.

Does anyone know how to fix this or has anyone had this same issue?

/ Toolcat 50-08 #2  
My neighbor has one of these machines. He's not at all happy with the amount of electrical gremlins this type of machine has. Over the years he's just rewired new wires to the switches and sensors and things start working again.

In your case, you'll need to debug the sensor for the shifting. Maybe it's even a shift solenoid.

It's a real shame that a useful machine like that has poor wire harness issues.

/ Toolcat 50-08 #3  
What series is the TC? It looks like the FNR switch is the same PN in the F & G series...6679504. Here is a thread talking about the same thing:

NEW PROBLEM STUCK IN (FNR)

/ Toolcat 50-08
Its an A series machine. I actually took the lever and switch apart to see if I could see any issues. I did not find any issues and after I put it back together it started working again. I do not want to continue using it, hoping that that it will be ok. I am wondering if I should just replace it or if others have found a better wiring fix.

Thanks for the link. I will check it out.

/ Toolcat 50-08 #5  
In the link...they too unplugged the switch for a while, then it worked fine.