Top Link for a Ford 950

/ Top Link for a Ford 950 #1  

jonathco

Silver Member
Tractor
Ford 950, John Deere 110, Sears ST16, John Deere 750
Hi Folks, as I stated in my last thread, I bought a 950 and it's my first actual ag tractor (upgrading but not replacing an old JD 750). The 950 didn't come with a top link when I bough it, so I need to pick one up. Does anyone know what length top link a 950 would have come with or what length I should get? Also, it looks like everyone from TSC, Rural King, Agri Supply, Amazon, Northern Tools, and Harbor Freight sells top links - any advice on where to get one that's decent quality?

Thanks in advance!

/ Top Link for a Ford 950 #2  
They are all imported and most come from the same place. Get the longest Cat I they stock. Or hook up the lower links to an implement and measure the distance between the top link mount on the tractor and implement. Use that dimension as a guide.

/ Top Link for a Ford 950 #3  
I have found on my Ford 850 that I tend to use the 26" top link more than any other but no more than they cost I have one of each length and have used them all. It really depends on the implement as to which length of top link you need to use but aim for one that when on the tractor will put the implement in the middle of the top links adjustment range.

/ Top Link for a Ford 950
I have found on my Ford 850 that I tend to use the 26" top link more than any other but no more than they cost I have one of each length and have used them all. It really depends on the implement as to which length of top link you need to use but aim for one that when on the tractor will put the implement in the middle of the top links adjustment range.

Thanks John, very helpful! I am hoping to get the 950 out this weekend and line it up with a few implements so I can get one or two ordered.