Top link on 3pt question for Zetor 6441

/ Top link on 3pt question for Zetor 6441 #1  

txhillcountry

Bronze Member
Tractor
Zetor 6441
Hi all, The Zetor Proxima 6441 we bought didn't have a top link bar when we got it. Since the 3pt is Cat2, I assumed any "off the shelf" Cat2 top link bar would work, and I picked one up at Tractor Supply. However the channel that the top link connects to on the tractor is slightly too narrow for the swiveling "eyelet" to fit in, about an 1/8th inch or more too narrow. Also, there was was pin in one of the available holes, but it seems non-standard as well, being smaller than a Cat 2 pin, but bigger than a Cat 1 pin. Also, a standard Cat2 pin won't go through the holes on the tractor top link channel.

zetor top link.jpg

Any thoughts? I suppose I could do one of two things: grind the sides of the Cat2 swivel eyelet enough to make it fit, and use the stock pin on the tractor, or use a Cat 1 top link bar (although I really don't want to).

Thanks in advance,
TX

/ Top link on 3pt question for Zetor 6441 #2  
I personally would grind the top link you've just bought and use the stock size pin just like you said.

/ Top link on 3pt question for Zetor 6441
Thanks, I had put the same question out on the Zetor World forum, and was surprised to get three responses that pretty much all said the same thing: that Zetor top link channel is a little narrow, and every one of them just ground off a little from either side of the top link and it worked fine.

Off to the grinder :)

I personally would grind the top link you've just bought and use the stock size pin just like you said.