Insurance Tractor Damage Insurance

/ Tractor Damage Insurance #11  
I finally got around to asking my dealer about receiving an actual policy on the insurance. He said he'd make a phone call and find out. What I got from that was a letter from CNH Capital Insurance Agency Inc. in Racine Wi that was a confirmation of insurance letter basically "to whom it may concern". It had everything listed that was covered including serial #s but ... there was no phone number listed on the letter so I called 414-555-1212 and the phone company has no listing for this agency. ?????? I'll be up country again this weekend - and will get the phone # from the dealer that he used. It kinda worries me having an insurance agency that isn't listed?? For those of you that have received a policy -- can you give me some info as to where from? Surely there is a national center somewhere that handles the final transactions? ie: Universal Underwriters Inc in Somecity, Somestate, USA
mike

/ Tractor Damage Insurance
I'm just not sure what the structure of the insurance agencies are. Underwriting can be a complex issue with each state having its own laws. I have great confidence in my dealer since he has made every warranty repair I asked for with no argument whatsoever. He just said that since my tractor is financed through New Holland and his dealership, if I need damage repairs, I get them done where I am, prepay, and send him the bill. That works for me. The chance that I might need repairs anywhere but the local area is extremely remote. My contract clearly shows the insurance coverage and my dealer pretty much said it was essentially no-fault. If my tractor gets damaged (even rolling down a hill due to my own fault) they will fix it for $500 deductible. I don't think many homeowner's policies would duplicate that coverage. Maybe.... I'm just skeptical. Anyhow, I have a good feeling about my dealer and that is worth a lot. If he says he will fix it, I believe him.

JimI

/ Tractor Damage Insurance #13  
I have the same feeling about my dealer .... but having been burned in the past ... I like having something in writing. My dealer has said the same thing about repairs. Even saying that the insurance has paid off at times when he didn't think was really warranted - abuse being indicated rather than accident - -- I guess it's more for my own peace of mind than anything else.
mfk