Tractor salvage yards for headlight assembly

/ Tractor salvage yards for headlight assembly #1  

jduke

Bronze Member
I have a 2004 DX55. I need a new headlight assembly. I have searched all over the place and even managed to find the manufacturer in Korea that makes the part but no matter what, I'm going to get SCREWED by the freakin' dealer if I have to buy this from them. They want over 700 bucks for a piece of plastic. So, I'd like to find a salvage yard, preferably in the United States that might have this part that was used on at least 15 different case tractors. I even tried to bribe the manufacturer of the part if they could slip me one in the mail. No dice. Case owns the tooling so they can screw you to whatever level they feel is OK.

Where can a guy get decent parts and not get bent over?

It was used on these Case Tractors:
D35 D40 D45 DX29 DX31 DX33 DX34 DX35 DX40 DX45 FARMALL 31 FARMALL 35 FARMALL 40 FARMALL 40B CVT FARMALL 45 FARMALL 45B CVT FARMALL 45C FARMALL 50 FARMALL 50B FARMALL 55C

And New Holland Tractors:
TC35D,TC40D,TC45D

The CASEIH Number from the parts list is:
SBA385102170

However, the manufacturer (Speaker) says the case part number is:
86400128 (they send me the CAD drawing and it certainly looks identical to my part)

These two parts are supposedly the same, but their price points are nearly 500 dollar apart.

I don't know what kind of scam CaseIH is running, so I can't say what, if any, difference there is on these parts.

Can anyone at all help me out here?

Last edited:
   / Tractor salvage yards for headlight assembly #2  
Might want to mention what part of the world you live in, rather than us listing every salvage yard on the face of the earth!
David from jax

/ Tractor salvage yards for headlight assembly #3  
You could try these folks. Give them a call. They are an IH salvage yard in Bourbon, Indiana. I've dealt with them in the past. Good folks. They might be able to help or point you in the right direction...

Bates Home Page

/ Tractor salvage yards for headlight assembly
Might want to mention what part of the world you live in, rather than us listing every salvage yard on the face of the earth!
David from jax

I'm in Texas. Sorry about that.

/ Tractor salvage yards for headlight assembly #6  
There's a good chance if one can be found, it can be found utilizing this page: Pardon Our Interruption You can search though the list for the various models you listed. Select model, and another window will open showing a list of how many, and where they are located. Many have numerous pictures from different angles, you may spot the light you need.

If no luck there, look at the 3rd item down, in column to the left in red, "Want to buy" ads. Register with them, add description, and P/N. Leave contact info, and most if they have the part will contact you in under 36 hours.

Found 40 of them using the Case PN. $212.10 Ea. Part # 864128 For Sale At TractorHouse.com.

3rd edit... Just for giggles, ran the P/N through a Google search. Messick's shows them for $204.02. New Holland / Case IH: HEADLIGHT, Part # 864128 If your dealer is wanting $700 for one, I'd be finding another dealer, and soon..!!

/ Tractor salvage yards for headlight assembly #7  
Am I looking at the right thing? A unibrow type thing mid grille? If so, even at $200 for a 16 going on 17 year old tractor, I'd be looking at alternative, after market lighting options.

/ Tractor salvage yards for headlight assembly #8  
   / Tractor salvage yards for headlight assembly #9  
There's a few salvage yards/parts places in Sikeston MO. One thing I do is go to google maps and say type a search for "tractor salvage." Zoom in pan and be sure to click the search this area that will pop up when you change the map. It's not foolproof but I've found places i would have never known about using it.

/ Tractor salvage yards for headlight assembly #10  
T & H Sales & Salvage, Pavo Ga